Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Have i got this right?!

(5 Posts)
onanotherday Sun 14-May-17 10:33:10

Try not to drop...SBXH had paid £150 towards our two teens over last 2 year! Had MH issues...so not working...then moved abroad...came back 8 months later ..didn't work out..anyway doing a basic job and a small payment now ...but planning on going back abroad...so no stability financially...or - emotionally for dc's. so all in my shoulders...wrong side of 50 and frankly knackerd. Teaching during the week...cleaning job at weekend..huge debts. .contract coming to an end soon. Benefit calculator says I'll only be £100
A month poorer?...feel a failure

cupcakesandrainbows Sun 14-May-17 10:36:49

You are NOT failure. You've worked so hard. Being a teacher on its own is crazy stressful and tiring, let alone working at weekend as well. Poor you. Remember you are doing the best you can. Big yourself up. You're amazing. flowers

onanotherday Sun 14-May-17 11:08:34

Ahh cupcake thank you.
Am feeling quite alone and unsupported atm. Car about to die..live very rurally and depend on it. No money to fix it and just cantt see a way through . Being chased for concil tax...and all our joint debts.ds with MY issues and school refusing and need to be strong for Dd who is about to do her GCSEs...put of a long and abusive marriage ( although didn't see it till the end!) Just so tired. Big girl pants been on so long have shreadedconfused

category12 Sun 14-May-17 11:40:36

Talk to the money advice service or CAB about getting your debts resolved. Let the CMS chase him for money. As long as you keep talking to your creditors, are honest about your situation and sort out some sort of arrangement they'll be ok and won't keep harassing you.

I don't know what to suggest about the car - do you have any relatives or friends who might be able to help you get it fixed or loan you the money for another?

Be kind to yourself. flowers

Teddy6767 Sun 14-May-17 11:45:07

Could you go on a DMP with stepchange? I had crippling debts and managed to condense my debts from about 1000 pm to 220 pm (they spoke to my creditors on my behalf who all agreed to accept the minimum repayments each month and freeze all interest).
It does ruin your credit rating for 6 years but yours is probably not in great shape at the moment anyway so wouldn't really matter.
Hope things get better for you soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now