Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Spark gone ... ?

(2 Posts)
SunEgg Sat 13-May-17 20:07:16

Hi, we have been married for 10 years and have a son. We have had our ups and downs like every couple I suppose. We had a very difficult time after our son was born (he was very high needs/colic etc), I felt really ignored and lonely. Around a year later we went for marriage counselling for about a year and things got back on track.

I thought we had been doing really well as a couple for the past 1.5 years. Yet DH dropped a bombshell on me yesterday saying he felt there was no spark in our relationship and that I had no respect for him, and that it felt like I wasn't attracted to him and that I didn't want to have sex with him.

I don't think that's all true. DH left a really high powered job a month ago to start up his own business and since then he has reduced his working hours drastically and I think is a bit lost as what to do. So he now wants to have sex 3 times a week rather than once. And I am used to once a week for the past few years.

Anyhow I would like to know is there any way to move forward from this? Can we rekindle the spark? And if so, how do we do it?

user1494624186 Sat 13-May-17 21:57:49

Re the sex thing - it's not just about what you want sweet, it's what you both want. Don't feel forced into anything x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now