Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Called a scumbag by partner in front of dd2

(6 Posts)
halfyorkshiremanhalfessexgirl Sat 13-May-17 15:42:32

Dp rarely wakes before me on sat but does today and does half an hour of chores in kitchen before i get up
makes himself and dd breakfast
goes to leaves house i suggest he could clear up the mess he has left in process before he goes
start of tirade 'you are a scumbag, .... (repeat.. add fucking or total) i can handle this to some extent as am used to it now and worse but when he goes upstairs and refers to me as scumbag to my daughter i lose it and say it how dare you call me that to my child.. i am then 'starting a fight'. I want him out now I'm so over wallowing in the heartbreak of losing my family unit and man of 20 years

barrygetamoveonplease Sat 13-May-17 15:45:39

Good for you. You've reached that point.

What do you need to sort out to see the back of him? He's 'dp' so no divorce necessary. What of the house, shared assets and commitments? [Secretly hoping the house is in your name and there aren't any assets or commitments, so you can put his stuff in a binliner ready for when he returns!]

halfyorkshiremanhalfessexgirl Sat 13-May-17 21:12:48

I don't want to lose the house which is half his. He won't talk about anything in a we need to sort out what's going to happen kind of way
plus his mum died last month so 'in the limbo land of must give him time to sort his head out before I try and get him to move out.

barrygetamoveonplease Sat 13-May-17 21:23:36

Get legal and financial advice right away.

Berrie1 Sat 13-May-17 21:28:55

If he isn't going to talk about it - go to a solicitor. They will be able to advise you re what you are entitled to. You might be able to keep the house if you are able to buy him out.

halfyorkshiremanhalfessexgirl Sat 13-May-17 22:02:27

havent spoken to anyone in my family even though we havent been 'together' in my head since November
I cant speak to them as i dont know what is going to happen
At the moment from him I get silence, or verbal abuse, and at best occasional tolerance
Friends know about and am lucky to have a good support network
Children are witnessing it and I know its toxic for them.
Thanks for replies. Any advice on 'how to support an emotional distant man who fucking hates you but lives with you after the loss of their mother' greatly appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now