Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do you and your OH do in the evening?

(36 Posts)
Smeaton Tue 09-May-17 19:06:46

Me and GF have fallen into a bit of a rut and its a bit dull.
She's sits one side other sofa, I sit the other and we watch TV and share at tablets.

What do normal people do and talk about together?

KungFuPandaWorksOut16 Tue 09-May-17 19:19:51

Normally give each ten minutes too unwind from work. Then talk about our days, eat tea together and chat. Have about 30 minutes chill out time on our phones or tablets. Then watch tv cuddled up together.

HermioneJeanGranger Tue 09-May-17 19:31:10

Have dinner together, watch boxsets/movies, play with the cats, or just cuddle up and do our own thing - read, mess about online, chat about our days etc.

Sometimes we go out for dinner or to the cinema, or out for walks in summer.

Reow Tue 09-May-17 19:35:08

Netflix

Falconhoof1 Tue 09-May-17 19:35:48

DH usually watches football on TV in living room and I sit in bedroom watching telly, messing around on my phone or doing household chores. Quite shit really.

Mysterycat23 Tue 09-May-17 19:37:44

Sounds normal enough. We do similar but with a baby and dog added into the mix grin

GreenHairDontCare Tue 09-May-17 19:37:56

Most evenings he works from home or goes out to his 'hobbies'. I watch tv. Sometimes we'll watch tv together when he finishes. But we're usually separate for most of the evening until bedtime.

Friday nights are our night, we drink and watch shit telly and catch up before having lots of sex.

Tootsiepops Tue 09-May-17 19:39:12

My husband and I do the same thing (different couches, both on our tablets) but I just enjoy sitting in companionable silence after a day of dealing with a tantrum throwing toddler

glitterglitters Tue 09-May-17 19:40:06

Watch tv and play on our phones. Lol 🙄

BellaGoth Tue 09-May-17 19:42:31

He watches TV and / or plays on his phone.

I run around like a blue arsed fly trying to keep on top of the housework.

Yep, shit.

user1479302027 Tue 09-May-17 19:45:02

Until recently we mostly worked from home in the evenings and chatted about children. I think we are both happy to"abide" like this to an extent, but not excluding. recently I had the brainwave to go dancing one evening a week together, now we have at least one night of dancing, chatting and flirting (with each other). Find something your partner will like, and that you can tolerate, and try that?

user1479302027 Tue 09-May-17 19:46:10

* exciting

Freddyfredfred Tue 09-May-17 19:46:50

He works, I cook, clean and tidy. Apart from weekend evenings, when he sits in front of the TV while I cook, clean and tidy.

I need to change this situation.

Chewbecca Tue 09-May-17 19:47:35

Er, same as you

We do go out sometimes too though - how is your social life?

User48627 Tue 09-May-17 19:47:35

Wild sex. As soon as we've put the kids to bed. And had supper. And tidied up. And done the paperwork. And talked about our days...

Whathaveilost Tue 09-May-17 19:50:50

Anout 3 times a week ( more if we are free) we go to gigs, theatre, restaurants or head to the city to see whats going on. I work some evenings so Dh will go outwith euther or both of Ds's sometimes we don't do much at all. Now its light evenings we also ho out for walks and have a pint on the way back. We have just come off Pendle Hill and having a pint!

ASqueakingInTheShrubbery Tue 09-May-17 19:50:55

We put DD to bed together, have dinner and he watches telly while I stare vacantly at my iPad.

inthekitchensink Tue 09-May-17 19:51:36

Eat, drink wine, cuddle on the sofa watching tv/a film - no phones or tablets. Sometimes no tv, we put on records & chat.

wobblywonderwoman Tue 09-May-17 19:53:22

We don't have time together as we work alternate shifts a few nights a week!!
But when we do, we tend to eat dinner, plan our house renovation and watch DVDs. We talk a lot.

Kintan Tue 09-May-17 19:53:26

Eat dinner, have a glass of wine, chat, play with our baby, watch something - at the moment we are working our way through Frasier. When the weather is better we usually go for a dinner picnic a couple of times a week.

SelfObsessionHoney Tue 09-May-17 20:03:36

Get home
Cook tea together
Bicker about who's doing the pots
Watch tv, sometimes he plays on a console and I twiddle online
Snuggle up on the sofa
Shag.

Mupflup Tue 09-May-17 20:05:38

Walk the pup, have dinner, sometimes we watch tv together, tonight he's watching football whilst I mooch about online (we are also discussing the upcoming GE and drinking wine). Used to go out to the pub / cinema a couple of times a week but new pup has put paid to that for a little while!

Smeaton Tue 09-May-17 20:17:08

Seems our rut is a similar rut to all the other ruts.
You could say we're all rutting together, but that sounds like a sex party... wink

Emboo19 Tue 09-May-17 20:18:17

Well we're hardly in together really! But usually it's just, tv, chatting and sex.

We've just agreed to set aside either Friday or Saturday night as date night though (I posted in chat for some ideas).
Hopefully will get a babysitter once a fortnight/month depending. Otherwise we plan to take turns planning something at home...last Saturday was my bf's choice, he cooked and we played guitar hero on the x box.
Was actually a really fun evening!
It's my turn this weekend and as someone suggested on my post, I'm thinking of doing a indoor picnic.

Fairylea Tue 09-May-17 20:22:16

Same as you. Occasionally we mix it up by actually sitting together and watching a film snuggled under a blanket together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now