Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I slapped my husband

(9 Posts)
user1493543657 Sun 30-Apr-17 10:24:16

I'm so ashamed.

He was provoking me with name calling but I know that if I I say that he will say I'm victim blaming and maybe he is right.

We have been having trouble for a while now and I have found a therapist but haven't seen them yet.

There was stuff that was upsetting me and I wasn't ready to talk about it but he wanted to talk about it then, and the conversation got out of control and I feel like it was a dream or something but it wasn't, it's real and it's horrible.

I don't explain myself well, he gets defensive and then thinks I'm accusing him and I'm not. We both can be nasty to each other.

ginswinger Sun 30-Apr-17 10:36:26

Is he okay?

user1493543657 Sun 30-Apr-17 10:51:22

He came back and we are talking. I don't know really.

Pollydonia Sun 30-Apr-17 11:14:25

I would put some space between you for now. Laying hands on anyone is never the answer. Is he ok ?

Atenco Sun 30-Apr-17 11:22:19

It sounds like a very disfunctional relationship, OP, maybe it is time to part.

The only person I've ever felt like slapping was my ex, because he would be so deaf to what I was saying. I left him instead.

user1493543657 Sun 30-Apr-17 11:25:46

He seems ok as far as I can tell. Physically ok, but I don't know emotionally. I know it was wrong. I wish I had been more assertive when I said I didn't want to talk about it now.

SaorAlbaGuBrath Sun 30-Apr-17 11:26:41

You need to walk away before it gets to that point. It's domestic violence, whoever instigates it. Violence is not okay in any circumstances.

user1493543657 Sun 30-Apr-17 11:31:00

It is dysfunctional at times, but not at other times. We are both dysfunctional individuals from dysfunctional families so it's not surprising. We are both getting help. I'd like to hope we can sort ourselves out individually and then together but I don't know if that's over optimistic.

user1493543657 Sun 30-Apr-17 11:36:17

I know it's not ok. I sought help because I was shouting at him. I know my behaviour is wrong, I know I need help. I have arranged help and I'm not trying to minimise what I have done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now