Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Kissing styles - some advice needed

(14 Posts)
SchnauzerLife Sat 29-Apr-17 17:57:06

Hello ladies,

Apologies if this is a slightly clumsy thread. Having recently come out of a lt relationship (still not ready to date) I've noticed that while watching reality TV the approach to kissing etc seems much more aggressive than I've been used to (washing machine comes to mind). Can any current daters set my mind at ease? Seems like all the rules have changed, including a simple kiss!

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Sat 29-Apr-17 18:01:53

I'm not sure there are rules, and I certainly don't tolerate the "tongue like a wet towel in a washing machine" technique. I'll stop and tell them how I like it (a slower build-up, no tongues at first, explain how lips are a far bigger erogenous zone than my tongue, and tongue to be introduced only once things have warmed up a bit) and hope they tone it down. Can't stand snogging someone who has a completely different style to me.

KungFuPandaWorksOut16 Sat 29-Apr-17 19:13:56

I always find kissing scenes, especially in soaps really awkward too watch. It's like they'd rather be kissing a dogs arse.

I suppose it's down to you how you like to be kissed, You normally follow your partner's rhythm if that makes sense. Normally signs are given, just don't go in like you're about too have a tongue wrestle and it should go well grin

SleepingTiger Sat 29-Apr-17 20:00:59

It's gentle to start with.

Fleeting, promising even, exploring....., then bolder, then withdrawing, then fleeting.....again. Then promising.

You can write it how you like.

It's called mating and it should be a beautiful, personal experience.

Sometimes all that is required is a kiss on a beautiful cheek at the end of a fulfilling day. In the sunset. An unspoken promise, to do this again because it feels so good.

To meet again tomorrow, to take it further.
That's enough to have every man and woman cartwheeling on the grass.

To touch their cheek, as your tongue is dancing with theirs, to invade and withdraw together, feeling that same sensation, feeling that....enclosure. Like a cage, your mouths locked together, in bliss. And it rises, wanton, desperate, to lock into them to impart all that you have. Heart, mind, soul, your breathe. Your oxygen. Your could happily die there.

You don't. You die in other ways.

Looking into their eyes, knowing that a kiss brings you closest to them.

It is what you remember most.

CheepAndOrm Sat 29-Apr-17 20:03:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SleepingTiger Sat 29-Apr-17 20:08:14

Yes, you don't ever stay there. In bliss.

SleepingTiger Sat 29-Apr-17 20:08:49

You do other things.

IronNeonClasp Sat 29-Apr-17 21:14:10

Lovely post Sleeping grin

ALaughAMinute Sat 29-Apr-17 21:38:11

Is the kissing aggressive or passionate? I think it is probably the later.

ALaughAMinute Sat 29-Apr-17 21:39:41

*latter

SchnauzerLife Sat 29-Apr-17 22:17:01

@sleeping tiger
Oh I wish it were like that, I'd be kissing everyone I met

PastaOfMuppets Sun 30-Apr-17 12:28:54

Sleeping, I want to kiss you!!
-off to find DH-

Forwardsforwards Sun 30-Apr-17 12:34:57

sleeping that is a fabulous post .... I would write it just like that if I could...
tender, responsive, passionate, sharing.....

BottleBeach Sun 30-Apr-17 15:21:32

My advice would be not to get tips on kissing from watching reality tv.

A kiss is a moment of intimacy between two people. You just go with what you feel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now