Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Its for a mummy friend

(3 Posts)
gg1234 Fri 28-Apr-17 21:28:34

Hi All

I am a stay at home mother and I largely depend upon my friends to give me company .Altough I am eagerly waiting to go back to work at the moment and have a couple of last rounds left in certain interviews .Staying at home has really taken a toll on my life dont know about others .My son is now 3.5 years and goes to nursery on 15 hours free funding .Cut it short I feel depressed most of the times since my hubby works more then 40 hours a week .This was one of the incidence that happened today .One of my frds said that she would be visiting me today after a local work she completes in the area I live in .I said ok" I will wait for you ".Morning time the ring goes saying that she will be coming .I just went to nursery and back home I stayed waiting for her .I even made a small lunch .Now around 1 hour later she calls again saying its getting very late and so he has to go back home and cant join me just saying " I am sorry ". I felt extremely bad .I cried a little thinking how ridiculous people are and how they sometime take you for granted .Is this okay reaction or I am depressed .What would you have done ?

noego Sat 29-Apr-17 00:12:55

Ate the small lunch. Put some James Morrison on, had a little dance, a tidy up and got on with the day.

NotOneThingButAnother Sat 29-Apr-17 00:22:26

You do sound a bit down gg. I might have been tee'd off but I hope I wouldn't have cried. Its about 10 years since I was sat where you are but I do remember that sometimes "mum friends" can be pretty crap. Still maybe it was genuine and she wasn't being unkind. Do you have other friends you see? Who makes you happy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now