Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to leave

(3 Posts)
wellthisisnice Fri 28-Apr-17 16:02:49

There's no dv or anything I just want to end the relationship. We have 1 child. I'm genuinely at a loss as to how to proceed. Iv been a sahm so 1st step has been applying for jobs today. I'll have to leave the house as I can't afford the rent. What next

Fluffybrain Fri 28-Apr-17 16:12:57

Depending on the age of your child, if you end it and he leaves, you will then be able to claim benefits as a single mum including housing benefit. This would give you time to get yourself sorted in terms of work, housing etc.

hellsbellsmelons Fri 28-Apr-17 16:17:34

Are you named on the rent?
Or is it in his name?
Are you married?
Do you have family or friends you could go to for now?

I would start with CAB, see what benefits you would be entitled to and how best to work.
It could be you are better off working 16 hours a week and claiming working tax credits etc....

Why do you want to end it?
Is it something that could be worked on with counselling?
You say no DV. Is that voilence?
Is he abusive in other ways?
Financially, emotionally, verbally???

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: