Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

A joint activity / Hobby

(18 Posts)
Beccalj Thu 27-Apr-17 13:41:31

So my OH thinks it will be a nice idea for us to start a joint activity, something we can learn together. Lovely idea however I cannot think of anything other than the norm! He already does a lot of sports. I am very girlie. We have kinda settled on cooking classes (he is not keen on horse riding I am not keen on rock climbing!)Does anyone has any brilliant ideas or activities they currently do that they would like to share? NB we are both very competitive so preferable something where we won't be kicking a ball at each others heads!!
Thanks
Rebecca

CheersMedea Thu 27-Apr-17 14:35:04

Archery.
Bridge or poker.
Korfball (you can be on the same team)
Calligraphy.
Pottery.
Badminton.
Cake making.

HarmlessChap Thu 27-Apr-17 15:36:42

Making cheese.
Each learning a musical instrument that you could​ play together.
Amateur dramatics.
Walking.
Hunting for bargains to sell on. Antique markets & car boots etc.

fabulousathome Thu 27-Apr-17 16:16:38

Ballroom dancing?

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Thu 27-Apr-17 16:17:29

Karma Sutra? grin

HermioneJeanGranger Thu 27-Apr-17 16:21:14

We go hiking together - exploring new places, and rockpooling/crabbing in the summer.

What about learning a new language with the aim of going on holiday to that country in a year's time?

BorisJohnsonsHair Thu 27-Apr-17 16:27:47

Kayaking? Not too strenuous but sort of a sport

ImperialBlether Thu 27-Apr-17 16:30:04

Yes, what Hermione said - learn a new language and go to that country for a holiday.

imsorryiasked Thu 27-Apr-17 17:15:03

Geocaching

MatildaTheCat Thu 27-Apr-17 17:19:13

Dog.

Moresaltedcaramel Thu 27-Apr-17 22:52:54

Wine appreciation? A language as suggested above, genealogy? Some form of dance class?

Haliez13 Thu 27-Apr-17 23:03:50

Second the dancing suggestion - maybe salsa or something?

caoraich Thu 27-Apr-17 23:19:32

We're learning Spanish together and it's quite good fun

TheVeryHungryDieter Fri 28-Apr-17 08:51:49

DH got me a 2000-pc puzzle for Christmas one year. Took us about six weeks to do, three nights a week for an hour or two, with a beer and a catch up chat. It was a great bonding activity. You can get puzzle mats to roll it p and keep it safe if you don't have space to leave it out (or curious toddlers to rip it apart by "helping"!)

We got another, but we moved and I started working and we haven't really had time since.

Fevertree Fri 28-Apr-17 08:55:30

Gardening/ fruit and veggie growing?

PineQueen Fri 28-Apr-17 09:02:49

LARP or historical reenactment.

noego Fri 28-Apr-17 09:03:41

Ballroom dancing. All that practicing and home, keeps you fit. Keeps you close, keeps you intimate and is great fun.

Moanyoldcow Fri 28-Apr-17 10:52:50

Ballroom dancing - my DH wasn't sure but loved it once we started. We've taken a few medals and were going to do comps before DS came along.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now