Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

When there is no one to confide in

(10 Posts)
UnreasonablyUnhappy Thu 27-Apr-17 00:18:41

I'm going through a bad time and I would really like a listening ear, some support. But I have absolutely no one. I made the mistake of approaching some people for help and quickly realised why I am alone. These people made me feel worse. Belittled me. Like the done years ago and I vowed then never to ask again but I was desperate this week.

Does anyone else have no one? What do you do? I've coped for years with no one and been through some bad times but this time its big and I feel so desperate.

Are there coping mechanisms for this or is it just feel shit and get on with it?

Patriciathestripper1 Thu 27-Apr-17 00:20:00

That's what mums net is for.

PhilODox Thu 27-Apr-17 00:22:56

What she said!
MNers are v good listeners. Tons of advice too.
Helped me so much over the last ten, eleven years.

UnreasonablyUnhappy Thu 27-Apr-17 00:24:02

Thanks patricia. I wish i could share on here but there are legal issues. I just want one person to hug me and say its going to ok even if its not. Just that glimmer of hope and compassion from a kind person.

yetmorecrap Thu 27-Apr-17 00:40:58

I felt the same as unsure what do at moment in my marriage and reluctant to tell anyone for various reasons, I actually went to see a lovely IC, not because I think I desparately needed it, more really to unload and speak it out load and know my feelings were valid. Just her marvellous use of raised eyebrows made me feel better!!!

UnreasonablyUnhappy Thu 27-Apr-17 00:46:25

Thanks phil I've managed to confide on here in the past and have had some fab help. This time its too big unfortunately.

Beebeeeight Thu 27-Apr-17 00:46:34

You can talk about most things here.

Just name change/ change details etc.

UnreasonablyUnhappy Thu 27-Apr-17 00:48:15

IC? yet thanks for replying. Yes i just need someone to hear me, my anguish and make me less alone with it all. Glad it made you feel better.

UnreasonablyUnhappy Thu 27-Apr-17 00:50:52

beeb it involves police charges and a possible trial and I'm genuinely afraid. Its so messed up. I cant see a way out. I think being let down again when i asked for help has doubled the feeling of helplessness.

checktrousers Thu 27-Apr-17 01:37:22

I never confide in anyone about my problems, I am a very private person. I've always found that the advice others give isn't as good as any solution I could come up with after mulling it over on my own. I just write it in a diary and that helps me get it out of my system. Sometimes I chat to myself in my own head, taking a listener role. So I've just learned not to need to confide in people. Most people know very little of what goes on in my head.

I wouldn't post anything related to an ongoing legal case online. You'll end up reading it on the Daily Fail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now