Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Playing silly games over divorce?

(5 Posts)
Dawndonnaagain Wed 26-Apr-17 14:28:45

Okay, he's done all sorts of things that have of course cost me more money, e.g. 'forgetting' to let his solicitor know he's moved.
He was asked for a list some six weeks ago of what he wanted from the house. Nothing. Nada. Thing is, he has a list which I gave to the solicitor, so it's only a case of adding one or two things to it. If I ring and chase it up, of course the solicitors will charge me. I do think this is a control thing. Anybody know if there's anything I can do to get things moving. I just want it sorted and he knows this. Ideas gratefully received!

Ellisandra Wed 26-Apr-17 17:10:15

I don't understand why you need to speak to a solicitor or chase it at all.
You have a list, you gave it to the solicitor, end of.
What am I missing?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Wed 26-Apr-17 17:14:24

Yes, as above....if he doesn't shout up now that he wants it, he doesn't get it, I would have thought. It is annoying when they drag their feet though, I sympathise.

Dawndonnaagain Wed 26-Apr-17 18:46:23

I want to move. I can't move until he decides what he wants, what he's doing. He knows this. It's frustrating and it's being used as a form of control.

EggysMom Wed 26-Apr-17 18:53:24

You get your solicitor (yes, I know it'll cost but ) to write a letter giving a deadline by which the list will be provided, and a further deadline by which the items are to be collected. Failure to provide a list, or failure to then collect, is to be deemed as him forfeiting rights to those items.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now