Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do I get more help than here

(6 Posts)
WhoGivesAFlying Wed 26-Apr-17 09:52:14

Basically sat here crying, my DH says he loves me but because I'm an emotional wreck he can't come home or talk to me. I'm trying to keep my shot together for my DS (4) but it's hard to concentrate. I've not gone to work yesterday or today as I can't concentrate. I was upset last night as my DH was saying I had killed the relationship with some of the things I've bought up to him that upset me, I asked him to come be with DS as I didn't want him to see me upset and needed to get out the house. When he got here I had a little bag pack and I think I was having a panic attack. I walked out very upset and he kept calling me. I told him I don't know why he's bothering as he obviously doesn't care, Ive practically turned my back on my family for him and now have no friends. I said I had nothing left and he took that as I was going to kill myself. He called the police and they came looking for me. This made everything worse as now thave taken my details and I'm worried about SS getting involved. They have been envolved before from when he strangled me so I really didn't want them taking details. Now he's called my dad this morning, another thing I didn't want happening as it puts another nail in the coffin. I love him and can't imagine my life without him....if I try to call he hangs up and won't answer.....I don't know where to turn. Sorry for rambling, I'm not good with typing

LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle Wed 26-Apr-17 09:59:05

He tried to strangle you ffs.

You are better off miles away from this r
I'm so sorry to say this, but you need to get out for the kids, or before he kills you.

Strangling is a very disturbing behaviour, and raises massive and worrying flags.

I was you once.

Please leave him. flowers

noego Wed 26-Apr-17 10:35:36

Talk to Samaritans on 116123.
Go and see GP to discuss maybe some therapy. Or if you can afford it google BACP for counsellors in your area.
There is also Woman's Aid. Relate, National Domestic Violence Helpline and there may also be women groups in your area that might help you.
It sounds like you are heading for a breakdown so please get help from someone. You are not on your own, there are groups and organisations that can help you.

Moanyoldcow Wed 26-Apr-17 12:14:53

Strangled you? Come on - listen to what you've said - you have to get away from him. Contact Women's Aid now and make a plan.

hellsbellsmelons Wed 26-Apr-17 12:52:49

Call Womens Aid as the others have said.
0808 2000 247
They can help you with local support services.
This man is violent and abusive and you need to be far away from him.
Why have you turned your back on your family?
Never ever do that for a 'man'!
Would your family support you if you left?

PickAChew Wed 26-Apr-17 13:00:08

You can't genuinely love a man who has tried to kill you. Only an idea of the man you wish he was.

Talk to your GP and to women's aid. Talk to the dv officer you dealt with before, if you can. You do not deserve anything that he does to you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: