Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you have to pay for court ordered mediation?

(4 Posts)
donners312 Tue 25-Apr-17 13:33:03

I only earn minimum wage and receive no maintenance will i really be expected to pay hundreds of pounds in pointless mediation.

How many times do you typically have to go? Its for child arrangements (which I guarantee he will not keep to anyway)

I know it's pointless because if my ex is talking he is lying!

AAAAAAARGGH!! when will this end!

KungFuPandaWorksOut16 Tue 25-Apr-17 14:22:27

This would be better off in the legal section, you will get the help you need over there.

LemonSqueezy0 Tue 25-Apr-17 14:46:54

I think you can go to one session and then ask the mediator to sign it off so you can stop mediation and go straight to court to get a court order put in place. I believe you have to pay unless there's documented DV. In regard to maintenance, could you go through CMS for it?

akaWisey Tue 25-Apr-17 20:38:27

Some mediation services offer a sliding scale of fees. And one session can be enough to reach agreement or to establish that mediation will not work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now