Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sick of wasting our lives

(12 Posts)
JJRJ1002 Tue 25-Apr-17 09:39:54

Hi all

I'm feeling very frustrated today, I feel that we waste our lives, we don't do anything as a family, we don't go anywhere other than the shops and family members houses and I'm getting totally fed up with it.
Whenever I mention to my oh 'lets go out' he always huffs and puffs and moans about it. I've just suggested a place to go at the weekend and it was straight away a dismissive and totally uninterested attitude and I want to SCREAM !!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing he can get slightly interested in is food, he is happy when we go out to eat it anything else he's always too lazy. I've had enough

Whisky2014 Tue 25-Apr-17 09:42:40

Ok, so you need to change. If he isn't interested you just do stuff anyway. It's no way to live ìf you think it's a waste.

LemonSqueezy0 Tue 25-Apr-17 09:44:44

Could you manage or your own, if necessary? I think that it's important to do other things, and you'll only get resentful if you stick to the same old, same old to keep the peace. Maybe try to get other family members or friends on board, with kids of similar ages to yours, so you all go together, and you aren't reliant on one person's say so. There are always lots of free family events on in my area, hopefully the same In yours

UmizoomiBananaRamama Tue 25-Apr-17 09:50:54

Get up one morning and plan a really fun day out with other people and don't invite him. Keep doing it until he wants to come with or until you realise you're having more fun without him.

BiddyPop Tue 25-Apr-17 09:59:11

Why not go out with the rest of the family without him? He may think he's not interested but if you go out and enjoy yourselves regardless, he may either start taking an interest or will be happier left alone while you are happier getting something else out of the time rather than just "wasting" it.

BiddyPop Tue 25-Apr-17 10:00:50

So organize yourselves to go to this place you are interested in this weekend, but either just you and the DCs (I assume there are some from the 1st post), or bring a friend along too. Just make plans independent of your OH and show him that you are not dependent on him to enjoy something yourself. It may be enlightening to both of you!

Paperdoll16 Tue 25-Apr-17 10:02:29

Definitely do it on your own. I bet he'll soon follow anyway. Tell him you'll take him a packed lunch.. wink

Alfiemoon1 Tue 25-Apr-17 10:06:12

Go on your own or with friends

ChocolateSherberts2017 Tue 25-Apr-17 10:13:38

I'm assuming you have kids so now that the weather is getting better you can plan picnics, days out with or without him. Call up some friends & relations and say we are going to see x film, park, picnic whatever & see you there type thing. I prefer to meet up outside rather than visiting people at home as I can escape after a few hours. Visiting people at home takes up the whole day sometimes & I lose my time.

Google events in your area, grab the kids and a picnic and go, don't waste your time on your dh. If he likes food then visit a farmers market to interest him, he can try out different foods while you wander about.

TheNaze73 Tue 25-Apr-17 14:56:20

You seem quite fixated with what you do as a family. It's not the be all & end all.

What can you change yourself & start from there?

Adora10 Tue 25-Apr-17 15:08:53

As a family I'd feel very hurt that my OH didn't want to partake apart from to stuff his face; a relationship needs effort and romance; he sounds boring as hell; I'd do thing myself if I was you but I'd also be looking to start again with someone who has the same likes as me.

anxiousnow Tue 25-Apr-17 19:11:40

Sometimes you juse get stuck in a rut without realising. Busy lives. Tiredness the expense. It's all so easy to end up not going out. Usually once you get out you are glad that you did. I agree with others. Plan something to do with your DC yourself. I would leave the offer open to DH. If he doesn't come round, do not let it stop you. Go, have fun, take lots of pictures and clips of the kids laughing to encourage him to come next time. What are his interests? Is there something you can plan that will appeal to him? What are his reasons for not wanting to go out? Is he exhausted? If so, plan an early night etc. Good luck op

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now