Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would you raise this

(15 Posts)
Thinkingofausername1 Tue 25-Apr-17 09:21:27

I'm getting fed up with someone on the school run. For years and years despite living near to me and walking past me twice a day she totally blanks me or ignores me when I try and speak.
She speaks to everyone else on the playground. Would you confront; because I'm starting to feel quite cheesed off about it all now. A simple hi would be nice.

Ifailed Tue 25-Apr-17 09:23:10

No. What would you say, and what do you expect the outcome to be? Why do you expect everyone would want to engage with you anyway?

user1492190246 Tue 25-Apr-17 09:23:27

I would ignore her too . She is not worth the heartache.😊

BarneyRumbleton Tue 25-Apr-17 09:23:47

I'd just smile and say morning to her. Embarrass her into some manners. If there's ever a chance to hold a door open or some other courtesy, do that.
A confrontation isn't going to help.

nostrings1 Tue 25-Apr-17 09:36:09

Just keep saying hello and smiling and not let it bother you. I have a women like this at school, she added me to facebook the other day. She never says hello, totally blanks me is rude and not nice. Why would she add me to facebook? So i keep saying hello, keep being nice, and havent accepted her request ;)

Its just plain rude.

Thinkingofausername1 Tue 25-Apr-17 09:53:37

Yes those ones who add you to Facebook despite not knowing or making the effort to speak with you are the worst.

HarmlessChap Tue 25-Apr-17 09:59:53

She doesn't sound worth engaging with TBH, don't let it bother you.

floraeasy Tue 25-Apr-17 10:02:55

There's a helpful Seinfeld episode for just about every life situation grin

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjSlb0yl53E

ELAINE: So, I walked up behind him and I tapped him on the shoulder. And I said, "Hi, remember me?" And he furrows his brow as if he's really trying to figure it out. So I said to him, I said, "You little phony. You know exactly who I am."

JERRY: "You little phony"?

ELAINE: I did. I most certainly did. And he said, he goes, "Oh, yeah. You're Jeanette's friend. We did meet once." And I said, "Well, how do you go from that to totally ignoring a person when they walk by?"

JERRY: Amazing.

ELAINE: And he says, he says, "Look, I just didn't want to say hello anymore, alright?" And I said, "Fine. Fine I didn't want to say hello anymore either, but I wanted you to know that I'm aware of it."

JERRY: You are the Queen of Confrontation. You're my new hero. In fact, you've inspired me. I'm gonna call George about something right now.

garmsfresh Tue 25-Apr-17 10:48:05

They add you so they can be nosey bitches

Neverknowing Tue 25-Apr-17 10:55:03

Definitely wouldn't say anything, she'd probably make you sound like a Bitch to the other mums!

thethoughtfox Tue 25-Apr-17 11:26:32

You don't know this person. Why do you think you have the right to demand interaction from them?

SandyY2K Tue 25-Apr-17 12:51:56

Remove her from Facebook and simply ignore her.

SparklingRaspberry Tue 25-Apr-17 13:27:37

No I wouldn't. Nobody HAS to speak to you.

TheNaze73 Tue 25-Apr-17 13:30:31

Ignore her, she's not interested in you, so why sweat it? We can't be liked by everyone

Thinkingofausername1 Tue 25-Apr-17 14:45:03

I deleted her of Facebook years ago as I was sick of it then. Perhaps she's still offended 😂. Yes she doesn't have to mix with me but she makes it quite clear also I can't approach my own friends when she is speaking with them!
Agree no one has to speak to me. It's almost as if she knows something about me I don't know and is keeping away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now