Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

inconsiderate husband ?? or is it me

(4 Posts)
bibbybob Sat 22-Apr-17 15:00:31

so fed up atm and don't know were to go from here. quick background 4 children, married, mature student. had numerous conversations with dh about doing more with children and around the house but seems to be falling on deaf ears. He agreed that he would help out with everything regarding the family, house etc to enable me to study however he does fa.
He was made redundant a few months ago and we both found part time work and decided that he would do the majority of the house/children etc giving me time to fully concentrate on my upcoming exams. However he has gone back on our plans has found a full time job (more hours a week than his last job but still crap money) arrives home later and is now working weekends. I have had to turn down my part time job as the hours clash with his and have no family to help out with child care. I'm so fed up he does nothing around the house, everything is left to me housework, shopping, laundry, everything to do with the children as well as studying full time for a degree. I feel like I don't matter he says think of the money,
I've just had 4 weeks off to study 2 of the weeks the children have been off school for Easter and the other 2 weeks they all took it in turns with a sickness bug I haven't done half of the studying I had to and now I'm questioning if it is all worth it.

bigchris Sat 22-Apr-17 15:02:46

Well what qualificstion are you studying for ?
Is it for the benefit of the family?
He's working all hours so I'd cut him some slack tbh

If I wanted to study I'd do it in the evenings when kids are in bed

Huskylover1 Sat 22-Apr-17 15:09:23

4 kids is a full time job in itself. I'm not surprised that you haven't had time to study. Unless these qualifications are going to lead to a flexible and well paid job, maybe you would be better working instead?

Bobbins43 Sat 22-Apr-17 15:46:39

Don't quit studying. It's something for you and I don't see why you should have to give up what you're doing because your OH isn't pulling his weight at home.

How old are your DC? Can they help out a bit more?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now