Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Bastard did it to her again!

(6 Posts)
Dawndonnaagain Sat 22-Apr-17 14:00:34

dd (20) decided she'd try and see her Dad again. She didn't give him any warning, just dropped by. It lasted ten minutes. Yet again, he talked about his suicide bid, not hers, then said oh, let's compare notes, then told her that as she hadn't been for months she wasn't really part of his life and then started shouting.
He then started texting his apologies. Every sentence started with I and ended up blaming her for his wrongdoing. Not once did he even think to acknowledge had he not abused us he wouldn't be where he is, but he's lost everything. Grrr!
The positive is that she has finally blocked him on all devices. I'm just worried he's going to play her siblings off against her now.
Bastard!
Apologies, need to get it out without distressing her.

QuiteLikely5 Sat 22-Apr-17 14:01:37

Is he mentally ill?

ExplodedCloud Sat 22-Apr-17 14:06:33

dawn hugs to your beautiful girl. He's a piece of work though sad

Dawndonnaagain Sat 22-Apr-17 14:06:52

Yes, he is. He has BPD. His needs will always come first and still I hope that his children's needs will. I know it's a fantasy. I know she will never come first.
He's clever too, phenomenally so, that's why I worry about the repercussions.

QuiteLikely5 Sat 22-Apr-17 14:12:01

If he is ill and poses a risk to your daughters emotional wellbeing and she knows that - well then it's her call.

Personally I would encourage her not to expose herself to this type of person father or not. But if she does then it's a risk she takes.

Dawndonnaagain Sat 22-Apr-17 14:35:15

Exploded Thank you!
QuiteLikely. It is her call, me, being nice said I'd support her no matter what. Meant she could visit knowing I'd be less than five minutes away for picking her up. She is learning slowly (she has an ASC so sometimes takes a tad longer to process) that this is not good for her. I also got her to read her 'bill of rights' as issued by our WA support worker before she left. She's soft though, so she may try again in a month or two, again, up to her, at least blocking him gives her a break for now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now