Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Right! I have a date....

(8 Posts)
staryeyes00 Thu 20-Apr-17 19:27:51

....and I am emotionless. I don't mean to be. I have been single a very long time and with every year that's past I have just lost the passion, excitiment, the hope of finding 'the one' haha!
I am wondering how many dates should you go on before you feel something. I never ever ever feel anything. It's not that I'm fussy it's just being on my own so long. I get easily irritated and then I feel a annoyed with myself for judging too quickly......

SparklingRaspberry Thu 20-Apr-17 19:31:00

Everyone is different but for me personally the spark is either there or it isn't. It doesn't grow or develop.

Not much advice I'm afraid but just go with your gut and see how you feel during and after the date

Good luck! smile

staryeyes00 Thu 20-Apr-17 19:32:22

Thankyou ☺ I have been told it can develop. It's just Internet dating we judge too quickly?

highinthesky Thu 20-Apr-17 19:32:27

It's not the quantity, it's the quality...!

Keep an open mind though, as you say you've probably just lost your dating mojo. Good luck.

TheNaze73 Thu 20-Apr-17 19:33:14

No spark on date 1, no sexual attraction? I'd make my excuses & that would be that.

staryeyes00 Thu 20-Apr-17 19:34:47

I have lost my mojo! Hoping to find it again, thankyou 😊
I don't ever feel a spark though. Like ever!

DevelopingDetritus Thu 20-Apr-17 19:40:24

I wouldn't dismiss after a first date, some things take time to grow.

UpYerGansey Thu 20-Apr-17 20:43:05

The first date is an interview. If you come away feeling intrigued, it's on to date 2. Date 2 is the teller.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now