Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Grandchildrem

(4 Posts)
Teeny12 Wed 19-Apr-17 22:18:37

Looking for advice. I'm in turmoil at the moment because I feel I'm having to choose between my sanity and my granddaughters. My stepson and I no longer talk. In fact I am the last member of the family to make this decision. I love my granddaughters immensely but he is slowly trying to turn them against me which I expected. They will be 5 in June and find it more distressing every time I see them. He is playing mind games with them and I feel if I walk away from them he will no longer be able to use them and they are young enough to recover. He has told them I am not their Gran and he hates me but leaves me to explain to them why. My family and friends have all advised me to walk away as they are suffering and I don't want them to because of me. I just don't know what to do. My head says stop all contact but my heart is breaking. What do I do? No judgement please only advice.

noego Wed 19-Apr-17 22:42:24

Have them at your house for sleepovers as many times as possible.

April2013 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:54:00

Continue to be there for them throughout, keep trying, never give up, they will realise their father is in the wrong eventually. With a father like that they need someone who cares about them in their life.

EverybodysHappyNowadays Thu 20-Apr-17 08:09:44

What is the backstory here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now