Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Emergency contraception and ovulation

(5 Posts)
Notsoluckyinlove Wed 19-Apr-17 11:11:23

Hi,

Didn't know if it was ok to post on here but the place I posted this initially didn't seem to have a lot of people commenting on it. If there's somewhere else I can put this post please let me know.

So the first day of my last period must of been on the second of April and I must of ovulated around the 17th. I had unprotected sex on the 16th ! But didn't know I ovulated until after !

I got the emergency coil done on the 18th but I've been reading lots of information online and if my egg has been fertilised then it's class as an abortificant as the emergency coil prevents implantation :,(. If I do end up pregnant on the coil, would it cause an ectopic pregnancy or an early miscarriage/ abortion.

Also when the gyn was inserting the IUD she said she could tell I was ovulating as you produce a certain type of mucus sad.

I am very worried and confused.

SparklyMagpie Wed 19-Apr-17 13:06:04

Are you the one who wants a second baby?

Notsoluckyinlove Wed 19-Apr-17 13:41:58

sparkie That poster a thread about it ? Yes I am.

skyzumarubble Wed 19-Apr-17 13:48:22

I'm a bit confused - are you concerned it won't work or concerned it worked but after fertilisation? Do you want it to work?

Notsoluckyinlove Wed 19-Apr-17 13:55:47

I'm worried it worked after fertilisation as it's classed as an abortifiacant not before it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now