Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just fed up.....

(4 Posts)
skiseasoniscoming Wed 19-Apr-17 07:58:29

Been single nearly a year, I am trying OLD and have been for a while but no real luck, I miss having a cuddle and someone to do things with.

People keep saying "oh when it's meant to be it will happen", so so easy to say when you're in a relationship and happy. I know they're trying to make me feel better but it's not working.

I was actually ok about it all but I'm just having a down few weeks and I can't seem to pull myself out of it.

Ladygaggia Wed 19-Apr-17 08:08:58

In the year between leaving my exH and meeting my DP I was really happy to be single and living alone (with the kids).
However, at certain points of the year - normally holidays and events like fireworks night and Mother's Day, I felt lonely.

You see couples everywhere and I missed being part of that.
I had to remind myself how lonely and starved of affection I was in my marriage!!

You will find someone new.
It will happen
Just try to enjoy being single for now.
Be positive and confident in yourself, it's very attractive!
I used to make a list of all the things I couldn't do when I was in a controlled relationship, and pick one to do/try.
Good luck!

ShatnersWig Wed 19-Apr-17 08:24:07

Been 7 years single for me, haven't had a date in over 5. Got a friend who has been single 10 years.

A year is nothing!

skiseasoniscoming Wed 19-Apr-17 09:51:00

I am struggling with everyone else getting engaged and pregnant at the moment, and it does seem to be EVERYONE!!

Might not be that long but bloody hell it feels it. Children seem an unachievable dream at the moment too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now