Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why are they such wankers?

(6 Posts)
Bones2017 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:09:10

My H was first served divorce papers mid march after I discovered his secret 'friendship' with a colleague since last summer.
During the grief and heartbreaking time after discovering this betrayal into a 19 year relationship I've somehow managed to keep my shit together and keep my dignity.

However now I'm getting pissed off. He's now been served 3 times and is now saying he doesn't want to acknowledge them until he's seen his GP as he feels depressed and not able to make this decision. I think after 5 months nearly separated you'd know if you wanted to work on your marriage and if you actually love your wife!

I've told him that I want him to sort it this week as I just want to get this done.

Sorry just ranting really but I'm so pissed off being nice to him when I want to scream my hurt at him and punch him in the face for what he's done to us all!

PaterPower Mon 17-Apr-17 23:12:25

If by "they" you mean cheating ex partners and aren't tarring all men with that label...

...then I'd say I don't know why "they" are like that. It's been over 7 years since my cheating exW decided to fuck me over - pun intended - and we're still not fully divorced. There's always some - usually financial - excuse why she can't get the paperwork signed off by a solicitor. I usually hear that a few weeks before finding out she's booked a foreign holiday. Again.

Bones2017 Mon 17-Apr-17 23:32:13

Financial reasons. You're right. Should've known.

outabout Mon 17-Apr-17 23:37:33

It works both ways, Women do it too.

monkeywithacowface Mon 17-Apr-17 23:37:38

Tell him he doesn't need to make a decision, you've already made it and the marriage is over. But sadly yes I suspect the stalling is for financial reasons.

JK1773 Mon 17-Apr-17 23:39:07

If you can prove he's been served you can go ahead with your divorce provided it is based on unreasonable behaviour. He doesn't need to sign anything. If you have a solicitor they should be telling you this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now