Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Pregnant and feeling hopeless

(3 Posts)
hargreaves30 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:26:41

I'm 28 weeks pregnant with my second child and I'm having a terrible time with my husband. He's massively controlling and hates my family. We row constantly and I hate to say it but I don't want another baby with him. He's possessive over my son and is verbally aggressive with me. I just don't know what to do, I feel completely helpless. I don't want to involve my family in our rows but I need to talk to someone. I thought being pregnant and having a baby with someone was a special time but this is just a nightmare. I'm worried that all the stress will harm the baby. I ultimately don't want to get a divorce because my son is only 2 and I just couldn't bear to be away from him, but I'm feeling terrible and my husband is just vile. Only this morning he told me I was overweight and unfit, nice to hear when you're almost 7 months pregnant.

Phoebefromfriends Tue 18-Apr-17 09:51:52

Didn't want to read and run. I really think you need to tell your family what is going on and get some outside support. He sounds abusive and you really need to consider whether you want to stay with someone who is so vile. Could you contact women's aid for support? I really think you need to get help and get out before this baby comes. Has he hit you before?

hellsbellsmelons Tue 18-Apr-17 10:49:02

Speak to your family.
You need help and support right now.
This vile abuser is an awful role model for your 2 YO DS and it will get worse with the 2nd baby.

Contact Womens Aid 0808 2000 247
They can also help you get away.
Don't let this be your life and that of your poor DC who have only you to protect them from this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now