Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please help I'm scared and helpless!!

(2 Posts)
Stripesandsprinkles Mon 17-Apr-17 19:50:56

I'm 24 with a 6 year old daughter and I split up with her dad 3years ago round about the same time my mum split up with my dad at this point my mum begged me to get a place with her so she wasn't alone so i did my ex stayed in our house and i moved in with my mum but in the last year or 2 she has totally changed mood swings and total irrational behaviour it can't be menopause because she went through that years ago she is 64 but we haven't been getting on recently and it's all came to boiling point and she's told me and my daughter we have to leave The house is in her name but I've been splitting all the bills with her since the second we got the house together! I work full time but I also pay child care for my daughter and all my bills my credits also not great because my ex was a gambling addict and took loads of wonga loans out over the computer in my name what are my options here? If I want to private rent I need a deposit which is usually around £700 which I don't just have lying around is thr any fast ways of making money anyone can think of? Please any advice would be amazing I'm worried sick

isitjustme2017 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:18:52

How awful that your own mother is kicking you out!!!! Surely she can be a bit more reasonable when you have a young child. Could you not ask your mum for the money for a deposit if she is so desperate to get you out? If she won't help you and insists you leave, I would contact Citizens Advice straight away and find out what you're options are. She is essentially making you homeless so the council would have to help but this might not be the ideal situation for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now