Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Let's hear it for the boy! (Man) lol

(68 Posts)
MrsMammyM Sun 16-Apr-17 17:12:41

Just want to give a shout out to DH really haha feeling a bit soppy (pregnancy hormones) and very grateful and lucky!

He works 6 days a week for 10-12 hours a day, with only Sunday off and no paid holidays (his own business) and is tired and stressed emotionally and physically, he hates sticky mess and children's parties and soft play and all the other not so appealing sides of parenthood but is nothing short of amazing to me and our 2yo son! He completely takes over when he's home, the only 2 things that he doesn't do are cook (for good reason lol) and nappy change but other than that NOTHING is off limits. I came home late from the zoo last week to find he was home and had a very rare afternoon off work and how did he spend the chill hours he was blessed with while we were gone? He scrubbed and cleaned ours and DSs bedrooms and organised DSs wardrobe (a job I've been putting off for ages) and started to sort through all DSs old baby things for when DS2 arrives. He is DSs idol they are such best friends it's insanely cute. He is going through a really tough time with the business but you wouldn't know. I'm so tired from parenting DS1 and growing DS2 and never seem to stop wingeing 😂 He is amazing I could go on and on and on. We have ordinary ups and downs between us like normal couples but feel so appreciative of him especially after reading a lot of posts on here about DHs that are quite frankly selfish cavemen the way they describe them!

Don't actually want anything from this post other than to say how lucky I feel... me metophorically shouting from the rooftops ❤️

MrsMammyM Sun 16-Apr-17 17:19:30

Don't get me wrong I could happy strangle him some days but it'd be weird if not 😂 lol

Nomoreworkathome Sun 16-Apr-17 17:31:56

but feel so appreciative of him especially after reading a lot of posts on here about DHs that are quite frankly selfish cavemen the way they describe them!

Am sure those poor women having to live with these knobs day in, day out will be delighted for you hmm

JigglyTuff Sun 16-Apr-17 17:40:01

Why doesn't he change nappies?

Imi22sleeping Sun 16-Apr-17 17:41:32

Tell him then not us x

MrsMammyM Sun 16-Apr-17 17:41:45

Nomoreworkathome these poor women are on here defending there husbands, each to there own just saying lol

And he doesn't exclusively not change nappies just prefers not to if given the choice

AllStar14 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:42:26

He doesn't change nappies? Ever?

Imi22sleeping Sun 16-Apr-17 17:42:54

Also tell hin to get a grip and change anppies my husband changed more than me its not my job

Nomoreworkathome Sun 16-Apr-17 17:45:08

Nomoreworkathome these poor women are on here defending there husbands, each to there own just saying lol

'Lol'???? Really? hmm
Oh do bore off love. Clearly you haven't spent much time on here of you think that. Many are having an utterly grim time of it.

dementedma Sun 16-Apr-17 17:48:06

Well if I didn't feel sick before reading this I do now!
But, .....Good for you OP.Long may it last

Nutterfly Sun 16-Apr-17 17:48:45

Actually I appreciate hearing this. I've had a hard time of it recently what with cheating ex and all and it's nice to hear about the good ones smile

bruffin Sun 16-Apr-17 17:50:01

Ignore them OP
Dh didnt do nappies , dd 19 and ds 21 adore him, he is a really good dad. We ve been married 25 years now , met 30 years ago this year and still love him to bits.

SparklyMagpie Sun 16-Apr-17 17:50:57

I for one couldn't give a shit but as you were

BoneyBackJefferson Sun 16-Apr-17 17:59:10

Nomoreworkathome

You do know that people are aloud to post nice stories of their other halves.

robinia Sun 16-Apr-17 18:04:44

Ignore the jaundiced pps MrsMammy. Your dh is a gem. Hope he knows how much you appreciate him.

Nomoreworkathome Sun 16-Apr-17 18:14:04

That's the beauty of the internet.Boney Different opinions, different responses. As you were.

NSEA Sun 16-Apr-17 18:25:42

I would prefer not to change nappies if given the choice. I didn't realise there was a choice!! Damn!

JigglyTuff Sun 16-Apr-17 18:39:47

Oh that's brilliant that I can be a really good mum if I leave my kids in stinking festering shitty nappies!

Why did no one tell me this before? I thought that was part of being a parent angry

Pinkdonkey Sun 16-Apr-17 18:40:05

It's lovely to hear positive stories, theres such a lot of male bashing that goes on these days. Sometimes I feel theres a large group on women who arn't content with equality, but want to break and beat down the male half of the race. There are some horrible, lazy and abusive men, but the same goes for women.

BoneyBackJefferson Sun 16-Apr-17 18:57:26

&Nomoreworkathome*

Yup, keyboard warriors, pissy responses. As you were

Nomoreworkathome Sun 16-Apr-17 19:09:20

Yup, keyboard warriors, pissy responses. As you were

Oh dear. smile

SparklingRaspberry Sun 16-Apr-17 19:19:47

Some people are so bitter OP, ignore them

I actually find this nice to read smile

IHeartDodo Sun 16-Apr-17 19:24:08

Aw that's lovely, sometimes all the negative threads make me a bit paranoid!! So it's good to hear a nice one!

youarenotkiddingme Sun 16-Apr-17 19:27:35

I'm glad you're happy and it's nice to read about people's good lives.

Ignore the misers who can't be happy for anyone or find fault in everything.

Itshello Sun 16-Apr-17 19:33:27

He doesn't sound that great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now