Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Bi mums

(6 Posts)
crumblowers Fri 14-Apr-17 22:30:02

Hi I know this has been done before but I've no idea how mumsnet works!! I wondered if there are any bi mums on here to chat to. Am with a guy and have two kids. I'm happy but I know something is missing....

Ibelieveicanfry Fri 14-Apr-17 22:48:25

Hello
Me too. There used to be the turning tavern threads which would probably come up on a search. I was a lurker on those but never joined in.

BillywigSting Fri 14-Apr-17 23:04:23

Me. Been in a ltr with dp (a man) and have ds with him.

Only my closest friends know. My mum and dad don't. Though my dad might have a clue as I brought past girlfriends to his house rather than my mum's (divorced).

My gay uncle does but has promised not to tell and I trust him implicitly not too (didn't officially come out until he was in his 50s). My cousins in Australia know. Basically my dad's side of the family who are all very liberal and tolerant. Unfortunate that none of them live in this country.

My mum doesn't know and neither does any of her side. Seeing their reactions when talking about the subject has only compounded my desire to not tell them. I pass for straight to them even though I'm not.

It does make me a bit sad sometimes, that there is a fairly significant part of my identity that they will never know about for my own fear of them rejecting me (or trying to tell me it was just a phase. It wasn't. Men and women both still catch my eye, I just don't act on it because I love my dp)

crumblowers Fri 14-Apr-17 23:39:48

My family don't know. Most of my friends do. My partner is good but our relationship is more like friends most of the time. He says I can go with girls if I want but I don't know if he really means it. Plus I only fancy straight women so that's not easy!!!!

Hatade16 Fri 14-Apr-17 23:47:19

Me. Been with dp 3 years, before his exh 7 years. Have 3 kids. Can feel myself longing to be with a woman more and more. I would say I'm more bicurious as iv only been with one during a mff but I defiantly prefer women over men. I fantasise about women more, and I find them more attractive then men

crumblowers Sat 15-Apr-17 00:00:49

I've had a few relationships with women but not since I've been with my partner. I'm really longing for a woman- not even for sex I don't know what I want although I obviously think about sex with women a lot. I still fancy men but it's always been more women with me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now