Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

First dates

(5 Posts)
M0nica Thu 13-Apr-17 16:15:32

I wear a wig, I shave my natural hair because It's patchy & frizzy & weird.
Obviously my kids/exh/mum knows but its fairly realistic looking.
When would you tell someone new youre dating?? And will they be really put off grin

MrsDrRaj Thu 13-Apr-17 16:23:00

Ooh no advice but I have alopecia and in similar situation so watching this!! Good luck OP!

TheNaze73 Thu 13-Apr-17 16:32:09

Tell them when you feel ready & are comfortable

FunkyChunkyCherub Thu 13-Apr-17 16:37:38

I'd be up front and honest - say you have problems with your hair and so wear a wig as it improves your confidence. If your date has a problem with it, red flag and ditch. I'd rather find out early smile if he does judge you for something as small as that... He's not worth it in my book. Good luck! X

vixta87 Thu 13-Apr-17 16:49:55

As others have said, if you're comfortable with someone and you feel at ease then I'd tell them then. The old adage, those who mind don't matter and those who matter dont mind, I think speaks volumes here. Good luck with everything x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now