Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Some perspective needed...

(4 Posts)
Whattodo2017 Wed 12-Apr-17 08:06:01

I'm hoping you lovely people here might be able to help me clear my mind. I am away and my husband is at home. Last night he was out and his phone was off from early evening until this morning. I was worried about him as this is unusual although his phone is easy to turn off by accident. I don't sleep well. I finally spoke to him this morning and he can't seem to see why I would be worried and why I didn't sleep well. He hung up on me and is now not answering the phone. I feel about 15 and upset! Please help....

HoursOfFun Wed 12-Apr-17 08:11:55

He hung up on you? Because you were worried? That's not ok. Only reasonable response from him would have been
'Really sorry, I understand you were worried, will be more careful next time'
Is he avoiding you in other ways?
Is there more to it?

onemorecupofcoffeefortheroad Wed 12-Apr-17 08:13:20

I guess it depends on what the norm is. Is it unusual for you not to be able to contact him? If I couldn't contact my DP overnight it wouldn't be terribly worrying as she often leaves her phone downstairs or forgets to charge it. However the more worrying part is why he hung up on you - were you cross with him or were you just expressing concern for his wellbeing. If the latter he could have just reassured you that he was ok.

Whattodo2017 Wed 12-Apr-17 08:23:46

Thank you for your replies. Things between us are a little up and down at the moment and he said as much to me in the new year. I am feeling extremely insecure and I was cross with him on the phone. I'm guessing he is thinking I am accusing him of being with someone else. Before I left to come away he said let's not talk on the phone as he isn't great on the phone. I'm wondering if he is relishing a few days alone. I feel like an idiot calling him back and him not answering. This is new and hasn't happened before. I just feel so confused and upset.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now