Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Pregnant and distant husband

(3 Posts)
al1111 Mon 10-Apr-17 21:05:23

Feel really ranty but feel I don't know what to do. I am currently 22 weeks pregnant and feel I'm going through it all on my own, despite being married. He has anxiety troubles, and as a result of this he won't discuss anything to do with the baby. He has fears that things could go wrong, and when I talk about baby stuff he doesn't want to know. This is our first so it should be a special time. Conversations are strained and really have no purpose, we've been sleeping in separate rooms for a month now. Really don't know what to do.

isitjustme2017 Mon 10-Apr-17 21:48:41

Was the pregnancy planned OP? if so, were his anxiety issues discussed beforehand. He is being really unfair, anxious or not and needs to get over this. I'm sure you have your own concerns without having to deal with his behaviour. If he is worried something might go wrong, what he hell will he be like when you go into labour? Sleeping in separate rooms is not going to help and is a slippery slope. I can only suggest you really have it out with him - you need his support. How long have you been together?

al1111 Mon 10-Apr-17 22:14:55

Yes it was planned, we've been together for 5 years, married 2 years today although it didn't even feel like our anniversary. I used to feel guilty about making him get over his anxieties but I can't even do that any more. He sees that I'm starting to get a little tired and will leave plates and clothes all over the place, he does zero housework and still I haven't really complained, cos I've got to the point where I don't want to rely on him for anything. I do need to have it out, I just wanted to vent and make sure I'm not being unreasonable by expecting support from him and expecting him to get over his anxieties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now