Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Old Flame

(6 Posts)
BeigeTrousers Sun 09-Apr-17 23:48:21

Hello, just struggling with questions while deciding whether I should get back in touch with this person or if it is kinder/ wiser to leave it alone.
Three years ago I was broken up with by a girl. This was because she moved to New Zealand. We were very close, we dated for almost two years and lived together almost one. After she left we talked for about another year growing less frequent, I thought I had moved on. Since she left I have been in a couple good relationships, and shall we say dabbled with a few other girls, but my mind often goes back to the original girl. I smile thinking of pleasent times with her often and miss her still sometimes, Is this a sign? Is it Love?

JK1773 Sun 09-Apr-17 23:53:22

It's nostalgia IMO. Contact her and see how she is but she might have moved on by now. Just be prepared in case you're disappointed. How can you be together if she's in NZ? I wish the best for you as I am a soppy old romantic but life can be a bit shit x

BeigeTrousers Sun 09-Apr-17 23:57:31

It's true, haha thank you. I will talk to her but your right I'm getting carried away with thoughts of her confessing she feels the same and an imminent immigration to NZ. Unlikely, lifes not the movie we'd like it to be...But...

JK1773 Mon 10-Apr-17 00:07:48

Haha, don't we all wish it was grin

MidnightVelvetthe7th Mon 10-Apr-17 11:06:12

No its not love, its a sign that you need to move on wine be nostalgic but start looking forwards not backwards

PollyPerky Mon 10-Apr-17 11:41:25

Just get in touch. She dumped you from what you have said. You still care for her. If you do contact her she may say she is now happy with someone else- be prepared. I hate to say this but if she dumped you and has not said anything that makes you think she's missing you, do you think she would like to re kindle it? You can only try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now