Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feel stuck

(11 Posts)
user1466108618 Sat 08-Apr-17 11:50:44

Hi all ive now realised that i want to leave my partner we have been together coming up 16 years and stupidly after buying our first house together ive realised what a mistake ive made. I dont know what to do as we have 4 kids and he said to me just last night that he would kill himself and it would be my fault and it would be my fault too leaving the kids without a dad, all i want to do is cry as i feel there is no way out. Any advice?

noego Sat 08-Apr-17 12:35:59

Definitely leave now.

Moanyoldcow Sat 08-Apr-17 13:10:25

Have you got a safe place you can go? Get the hell out of there. He's being emotionally abusive and it's not safe to stay with him.

user1466108618 Sat 08-Apr-17 13:41:40

Hi no i dont have anywhere else to go but im too scared to go as he has just said the same thing on the phone there that if i left him his death would be on my hands. Suppose ill just need to grin and bare staying.

Rainybo Sat 08-Apr-17 13:46:45

No, he is an adult and he makes his own choices. You would not be responsible for his choices. He is saying that to manipulate and control you.

Do you have any family or friends nearby who could support you?

user1466108618 Sat 08-Apr-17 13:49:03

My mum should be over today if she does ill try and speak to her

UnicornsAreReal666 Sat 08-Apr-17 13:50:46

I can totally relate to what you are saying OP and you have all my sympathies flowers
Keep strong, walk out, only HE is responsible for his actions, and I very much doubt people will be happy with his selfish actions (imho he is saying it for effect, he wants you to stay, you are)

Walk away!

noego Sat 08-Apr-17 13:52:56

Its called Emotional Blackmail. Do not fall for it.

UnicornsAreReal666 Sat 08-Apr-17 13:55:05

Can u leave with your mum when she comes? Does she know what's been happening?

Do this for you, do this for your children xx

user1466108618 Sat 08-Apr-17 14:08:50

My mum knows we have done a few problems but she doesnt know about him saying he would kill himself. He is depressed but will not seek help as he says hes fine but i know hes not.

CharlotteCollins Sat 08-Apr-17 15:24:53

Firstly, as PP have said, ignore his threats. It's his responsibility and only his if he chooses to go down that path.

Secondly, if you want to leave him, with four kids, and stay gone, then a bit of planning and preparation can really help. Do you want him to leave or do you want to move out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now