Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can I stop ExP from moving back in?

(4 Posts)
CamicaziTheBogBurglar Fri 07-Apr-17 22:05:38

ExP moved out around 18 months ago. He'd had an affair and then depression (because that excuses everything you know), then sat around feeling sorry for himself for six months, keeping in contact with OW (half his age), resenting me for messing up his chances of a relationship with her, and doing fuck all to mend our relationship. I had to beg him to move out, which he eventually did. Usual mid-life crisis stuff, all boxes ticked.

He continued to see OW for a year or so, but it turns out she wasn't the live of his life/soulmate after all, and it's petered out.

Now he says he can't afford to keep paying rent and is going to move back in (he's not asking me, he saying this will happen when his rental contract runs out next month). We'd originally agreed to sell the house (jointly owned) and split the proceeds but since moving out he has refused to engage with this at all, to the point of saying that he is not going to sell.

I really don't want him to move back in. It's not that big a house, and he is overbearing. We have two DC and separate lives won't be an option.

Is there anything I can do to stop him?

FerdinandsRevenge Fri 07-Apr-17 22:10:22

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_matters/1519468-Can-ex-DH-move-back-into-family-home-7-months-after-we-split-up

MartinaMartini Fri 07-Apr-17 22:12:19

Wow - what a nerve! I think you need to see a solicitor/ CAB and look at getting an Occupation Order. Do you have a separation agreement for the house? Seems completely unreasonable after such a length if time.

Hope you get some help.

CamicaziTheBogBurglar Fri 07-Apr-17 22:15:27

Thank you both for responding. Looks like I need a solicitor asap. No separation order, and he has refused to engage in anything practical. I feel completely trapped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now