Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Cheating Exes

(11 Posts)
FlowerPatternedSecrets Fri 07-Apr-17 17:51:39

Just out of curiosity's sake, under what circumstances, if there are any, would you consider a reconciliation with an ex who had an affair?

Fireandflames666 Fri 07-Apr-17 18:14:42

I wouldn't. I firmly believe that cheaters don't change, from my life experiences anyway

RueDeDay Fri 07-Apr-17 18:18:46

I wouldn't. Too much hurt and pain caused, the relationship would never be the same. And the lies and rewriting history etc were more damaging and hurt me worse than the actual 'his penis in her vagina' bit.

TheNaze73 Fri 07-Apr-17 19:29:27

There are no circumstances. Once a cheat cunt, always a cheat.
You're better than that

ImperialBlether Fri 07-Apr-17 19:31:49

I think you're rewarding him for cheating and letting him know you'll put up with anything just to be with him.

fedupandnogin Fri 07-Apr-17 19:49:57

I wouldn't (but know that sometimes your heart struggles with what your head tells you to do).

jobvcareer Fri 07-Apr-17 20:33:34

When they invent personality transplants

pw2212 Fri 07-Apr-17 21:00:18

I did and then he did it again....and again....

Polarbearflavour Fri 07-Apr-17 21:07:17

Nope!

frogsgoladidahdidah Fri 07-Apr-17 21:29:53

Oooohhh goodness. Tough. I left my ex because of his inability to keep it in his pants (but I was only 22, and had the world at my feet). Am now very happily married, with four children.

I think an isolated drunken one night stand, I would try to forgive to keep my family together.

Intention is key for me...

Am fairly confident (forever hopeful) that I will not have to put this theory to the test...

Trich Fri 07-Apr-17 23:24:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now