Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Married man interested in me?!

(68 Posts)
user1491575946 Fri 07-Apr-17 16:13:08

I know the title sounds bad.. I am in a relationship and have been for two years and living together.
Over the last 8 months their has been this guy at work and i get the feeling he is interested in me. We speak and say hello every day etc at the start he used to seem very nervous around me he would stammer when we had conversations and if we bumped into each other unexpectadley he would go all red and flushed. He always gives me this stare when he walks past which is quite sexy and makes me think he is attractive when he does this! he doesnt seem to treat any other women at work like this and doesnt seem to notice women as much as he notices me. I was collecting for charity and people at work were giving say £4 each he put £15! It has been going on for some months now and i feel their is A LOT of sexual tension between us. When my partner meets me from work the guy seems to get jelous and moody with me the next day which makes me feel kind of strange as i cant tell what he feels. He makes comments to colleagues in front of me like 'i am so tired i need to get a bed in my office and tell the wife im working late to get some sleep' it all just feels very strange i cant work him out! Am i imagining things or does this guy like me. I am starting to develop feelings for him because of how he makes me feel. I would never go their obviously but all the tension is bugging me and i hate that i dont know what he is thinking! He is married and has been for over 10 years with two children and seems happy with that he always speaks happily about them. I am 24 and he is 32.
I know it is probably just harmless flirting that is making him feel good but its been going on for ages and just wont stop i really do not want to develop strong feelings for him but i cant seem to help it cause of how he is with me.
What should i do?

noego Fri 07-Apr-17 16:18:41

If he is a position of authority then speak to HR. This is unacceptable in the workplace and is tantamount to harassment. Their are laws that protect you. If he isn't in a position of authority it is still harassment.
Secondly, what right does he have to get moody when your DP picks you up and create an atmosphere. Big red flag my dear. As in the words of the song. Run for the hills, run for your life..........

AnUtterIdiot Fri 07-Apr-17 16:22:12

You know how you said you wouldn't go there? Don't go there.

stonecircle Fri 07-Apr-17 16:25:37

I'd guessed you were very young and silly before I got to your age. The exclamation marks scattered throughout your post suggest childish excitement.

He's married with kids for goodness sake. Knock it on the head before you do develop strong feelings for him. And brush up on when to use 'their' and 'there'.

Wellitwouldbenice Fri 07-Apr-17 16:28:25

You need to grow up.

Ellisandra Fri 07-Apr-17 16:29:12

Can't seem to help developing feelings for this creep?

The fact you are posting here is A Bad Sign. You have mentionitis and you know you can't talk about it elsewhere.

Go there if you want, but let your boyfriend go first, OK?

Adora10 Fri 07-Apr-17 16:29:23

OMG, you sound like you're on the tip of falling down the affair hole; please don't do it; so what if he gives you some attention, he's spoken for and has small kids; do you like the thought of being his bit on the side, really?

Put an end to this; the longer it goes on the more chance you will `find` yourself in an affair, `find` being a favourite word used by cheaters.

I'd also end my relationship as you don't sound mature enough to stay faithful; you sound like a giddy teenager who's having her first flush of love; it's not anything like that; it's playing with danger.

And, it's your work place so be careful because people are not daft.

user1491575946 Fri 07-Apr-17 16:34:17

Hes married with kids yes but how does that explain him flirting with me

BlessYourCottonSocks Fri 07-Apr-17 16:36:38

He's a dick. That's how it explains it.

Adora10 Fri 07-Apr-17 16:36:41

Explain what OP? You are sounding about 12 years old now. Have you actually read any of the replies, I think you should read again.

Racmactac Fri 07-Apr-17 16:36:59

Because he's a man and he's trying his luck.
He's not worth the hassle

user1491575946 Fri 07-Apr-17 16:37:38

It is hard to ignore him when i have to see him every day and as soon as he knows i am trying to distance myself from him he does something nice for me to make the flirting start again

Adora10 Fri 07-Apr-17 16:38:41

Because he's a dick and can probably see you jumping up and down every time he enters the room.

No offence OP, but you sound a right dick too.

EllaNB Fri 07-Apr-17 16:43:14

It sounds like you have already made a decision to pursue him and are enjoying he attention.

Have you thought about breaking up with your boyfriend?

user1485984489 Fri 07-Apr-17 16:43:59

Just start giving him the cold shoulder - you don't have to be rude but don't encourage him. He'll soon get the message. And if he doesn't, report him for sexual harassment.

You're in a relationship and he's married. Grow up.

AnUtterIdiot Fri 07-Apr-17 16:46:49

Seriously, OP, he's a married man with children who at best is trying to flit with someone nearly 10 years younger than him who's in a relationship herself. People who behave this are not nice.

AnUtterIdiot Fri 07-Apr-17 16:47:12

*behave LIKE this

frieda909 Fri 07-Apr-17 16:50:29

I noticed you barely mentioned your own relationship at all. How is that going?

I've always found that a wandering eye tends to mean something isn't right closer to home.

Huskylover1 Fri 07-Apr-17 16:51:09

Hes married with kids yes but how does that explain him flirting with me

Because he wants to have sex with his wife at home, and is hoping to get some "on the side" sex with you as well. He wants in to your knickers, that is all.

If you go down this path you will get hurt. Once he's done with you, he will drop you like a hot potato, and you will have to see him every day at work, knowing that he used you for sex and has seen all your wobbly bits

The fact that you like his attention, suggests to me that your BF isn't going to the The One for you.

NoelHeadbands Fri 07-Apr-17 16:51:40

You need to grow up really

user1491575946 Fri 07-Apr-17 16:56:10

I know he loves his wife and children but what im confused about is why he is trying to make me attracted to him by doing these things? Or is he just being nice and im taking it the wrong way?

HelenaGWells Fri 07-Apr-17 16:56:32

You need to ignore him. He flirts because he can and he's likely enjoying the attention. Your post reads like you are a giddy schoolgirl flirting back. If you are serious about your boyfriend knock the flirting on the head. Be civil but NOT flirty and he will get bored. If he pushes it and makes you uncomfortable report him for harassment.

He is basically getting off on you fawning over him so stop doing it. It is that simple.

HelenaGWells Fri 07-Apr-17 16:57:20

Also lots of men say they love their wife and kids and then shag someone else, as do lots of women. Sometimes people are dicks.

Riversleep Fri 07-Apr-17 16:57:40

Because if he got married at 22, he did it quite young, probably now feels he missed out on playing the field and wants to have a bit of fun. Either that, or he's miserable in his marriage. In both instances, you need to back off. He needs to sort out his issues with his wife, without a 3rd party getting involved. If you are unhappy in your relationship, end it. Same goes for him.

HowamIgoingtocope Fri 07-Apr-17 16:59:22

One rule of the office. Don't have a relationship. One rule of life stay away from married men.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now