Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is he gas lighting me ?

(6 Posts)
stuckwithnowheretog Thu 06-Apr-17 16:34:17

I posted over the weekend about my EXH.
He tried to strangle me, smashed a glass across the kitchen & smashed my handbag into the wall & in doing so smashed the v expensive contents.
I was in quite a state & ended up phoning the samaritans as I couldn't speak to Womens Aid (no answer 5 times).
I have been no contact since the incident.

Last night he sent a message which I thought was concerning DC which I answered. As soon as I realised it wasn't I stated I would not be communicating with him because :

"On Saturday you throttled me, you broke my possessions & you are a liar"
he replied " You're sick. Get therapy. Those things did not happen & even if they ever did you would have driven me to them"

Obviously I have completely blocked him now but it has just me feeling shitty.

AlternativeTentacle Thu 06-Apr-17 16:51:38

Did you not go to the police?

DanielCraigsUnderpants Thu 06-Apr-17 16:53:00

"even if they ever did you would have driven me to them" Wow. That says it all.

Well done for getting out and do not feel shitty. You've done a really brave thing and should feel proud.

lazytuesday Thu 06-Apr-17 16:55:44

Log everything that he does. Save any message he now sends to you but dont relpy to any of them. If he says anything threatening then take all the messages to the police. It might also help to keep a written log of any attempts he makes to contact you now you have told him not to.
Dont get drawn in to replying to him. Hes sick and will manipulate you and that will put you in danger.

BusyHomemaker Thu 06-Apr-17 16:55:58

Yes, he's gaslighting you. I agree you need to report this to the police and also keep trying with women's aid. It's very important that you not only protect yourself and your children but that you can demonstrate that you have been taking steps to safeguard your children against his abuse. I can't stress enough how important that is.

I'm sorry you are going through this, it's not your fault flowers

stuckwithnowheretog Thu 06-Apr-17 17:06:11

Yes I did go to the Police - They interviewed him (I think Tuesday)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now