Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Advice about protecting marital assets

(4 Posts)
letsmargaritatime Thu 06-Apr-17 13:58:17

Asking for a close friend whose husband has left, it s all happened very fast. I've seen on here before that posters have suggested some kind of process that stops anything financial taking place (remortgaging etc) after a separation, in the interim before proper legal advice is taken. So finances are effectively frozen. Does anyone know if it's free and what it's called? Thanks in advance.

MooseBeTimeForSnow Thu 06-Apr-17 14:08:09

The name has probably changed but she can register a Matrimonial Home Rights notice with the Land Registry

MooseBeTimeForSnow Thu 06-Apr-17 14:09:59

letsmargaritatime Thu 06-Apr-17 14:29:17

Thank you flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: