Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

FWB angst - this has now being going on for 16 years.

(9 Posts)
lickmylegs Wed 05-Apr-17 19:01:09

Hi,

This guy has always been there in the background. A couple of months ago I asked him to never contact me again. Then I retracted and suggested we remain friends. I love him, and any quiet moment I have - I think about him.

So the answer is - block/no contact/therapy...

Confusicous Wed 05-Apr-17 19:05:27

Definitely NC

You have no hope of a relationship with him by remaining friends and not much hope of moving on either

lickmylegs Wed 05-Apr-17 19:12:15

Thank you! I think NC was so much easier 20 years ago. I hate my fingers that send an easy text/message.

SillySongsWithLarry Wed 05-Apr-17 19:17:49

Have you told him you want more? After 20 years you could tell him it's all or nothing. And mean it.

lickmylegs Wed 05-Apr-17 19:36:13

But then I'm not sure I want more??

FairyTreeHouse Wed 05-Apr-17 20:19:06

Why did you ask him to stop contacting you?

BreatheDeep Wed 05-Apr-17 20:21:58

You say you love him and think about him in quiet moments. Why don't you want more? You can't move on how it is so go NC or tell him you want more if you do

stumblymonkeyremix Wed 05-Apr-17 20:23:44

Does he know how you feel?

Why hasn't it ever become more than FWB if you love him?

anxiousnow Thu 06-Apr-17 00:39:50

Are you both single?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now