Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Fucking wanky bits of paperwork

(15 Posts)
RubbishMantra Wed 05-Apr-17 16:18:25

Since DH died, it's been a massive load of wank, regarding financial stuff, wanky Sil telling me she's pleased that "I have a silver lining". (DH and I both brought the same amount of money into our marriage.)

Then dealing with financial advisors and solicitors today ,(by 'phone, thank goodness). I have the shakes, and haven't eaten for a week. I need to go out though and collect my ADs.

Am having a cigarette and planning on eating something. Like soup. Then a bath. Please tell me I'm not going mad?

bibliomania Wed 05-Apr-17 16:20:42

Nah, you're all right. Doing well not to have set fire to the paperwork with your cigarette lighter.

Shayelle Wed 05-Apr-17 16:20:45

You sound like you are doing absolutely amazingly. Im so sorry for your loss xx

TanteJeanne Wed 05-Apr-17 16:21:31

Can't wanky SIL actually do something helpful and make some of these difficult calls for you???
When my DH died my ( non-wanky) DS really helped by making some calls for me and sending copies of death certificate out. It really helped.
Leaves you free for bath and soup.

hellooooooomama Wed 05-Apr-17 16:23:19

I'm very sorry for your loss Rubbish. Please eat some bread with your soup. You are not going mad, it's hard enough dealing with these folk anyway, without dealing with grief on top.

That's another day of wanky paperwork behind you. Forget about it for a little while now and have some you time.

RubbishMantra Wed 05-Apr-17 16:37:23

Thank you.

Thing is, it was always me that dealt with the admin stuff. For some strange reason it hit me hard today.

Shayelle Wed 05-Apr-17 16:42:17

flowers for you xx

picklemepopcorn Wed 05-Apr-17 16:47:51

You're not going mad. SiL's a bit suspect though...
Try and enjoy your soup, add a bit of butter, cream or cheese to bump it up nutritionally if you can.

RubbishMantra Wed 05-Apr-17 17:23:15

I add cream into everything pickle grin. And soup will be accompanied by toast with extra strong spready cheese on it. SiL not very nice. Stringy and mental. Definitely wouldn't eat her she would poison me with her bile

I just had a bit of a wobble for a bit. Thanks for bearing with me.

Yay! Beginning to get the munchies. At last.

RatherBeRiding Wed 05-Apr-17 17:28:24

flowers The paperwork/admin following a bereavement is horrendous. Absolutely never-ending. It just makes the whole situation worse, having to deal with non-stop letters/emails/phone calls.

Enjoy your soup and bath and make a fresh start on it all tomorrow.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Wed 05-Apr-17 17:30:47

Remember you don't have to deal with her just yet either. . .
Keep her at arms length if that's easier. .

picklemepopcorn Wed 05-Apr-17 17:34:10

That,s good to hear. No matter how munch you you feel, don't start on SiL. Not only would it be an unpleasant experience in the short term, but the long term repercussions wouldn't be worth it either.

RubbishMantra Wed 05-Apr-17 19:05:37

Thanks Rather. It's been going on for nearly 2 years now. I'd really like to just draw a line under the sadness.

I have made yet another list. confused You know where gets a bit bewildering sometimes...?

littlebillie Wed 05-Apr-17 19:19:09

So sorry for you loss. Can you find a admin support to do this for you there are lots of Girl Friday little business which could help you with this hard time. .

RubbishMantra Wed 05-Apr-17 19:32:30

Thank you moira. Hopefully I won't need any more dealings with Sil now. I understand she's lost her brother, but she consistently made his life a misery. They worked together, but she'd constantly intrude on his time spent away from work with 'phone calls demanding he come into work RIGHT NOW, on DH's days off, unwanted random visits to us etc.

She even kept a journal on his coffee drinking and cigarette habit. In spite of her husband always having a bag of cannabis stuffed down his sock, and shoving class A's up his nose, with a six-pack of Stella. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now