Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Aibu in feeling bad sleeping with someone whilst my children sleep upstairs in bed

(8 Posts)
YummymummyAsjch Tue 04-Apr-17 18:03:27

Ive started to see someone for the first time since I broke up with my childrens father but its just casual fun friends with benefits type thing, is it wrong to do this whilst my children are asleep upstairs

GotToGetMyFingerOut Tue 04-Apr-17 18:05:07

What ages are they? Are they likely to wake up and come down? How well do you know the person? Do you not get any nights away from the kids when they are at their dad's?

YummymummyAsjch Tue 04-Apr-17 18:08:11

3 years and 8 months, know him well enough he doesnt stay the night just comes round for a bit, I am sole carer of them they dont spend any nights away from me

Gertrudeisgerman Tue 04-Apr-17 18:14:29

If they are asleep they are oblivious. The fact that he leaves and isn't there at breakfast is good.

You have to take the opportunity for fun for yourself and sounds like it's the only time you get. I wouldn't feel guilty about this.

I used to work in social work and some parents do much much worse whilst their DC's are asleep I can assure you.

YummymummyAsjch Tue 04-Apr-17 18:16:23

Thank you these little ones are my everything I feel bad even treating myself to a new t shirt once every couple of months, I thought it was disgusting lol

grobagsforever Tue 04-Apr-17 18:19:29

OP I also have my children 100 percent of the time due to being widowed.

If my boyfriend stays over I lock my bedroom door just in case. I wouldn't be happy having sex in a room they could wander into.

They do see him occasionally in the mornings as he lives too far to go home at night. But for the first six months he was snuck out the house before they woke.

You're fine, but a locked room would be even better

YummymummyAsjch Tue 04-Apr-17 18:30:29

Ive got stairgates on both top and bottom of the stairs due to my 3 year old whos very inquisitive, thank you guys its made me feel a bit better about it

Hidingtonothing Tue 04-Apr-17 18:42:46

You're entitled to a life OP, you're a person as well as a mum! It sounds like you're taking all the necessary steps to safeguard your DC so you have nothing at all to feel bad about, hope you're having fun wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now