Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Losing friends while pregnant?

(5 Posts)
gemgems2214 Tue 04-Apr-17 11:42:44

Im pregnant with my first and literally none of my friends bother with me. I dont know if its hormones or me being oversensitive but none of them even text to see how i am.. I've text and tried to meet up etc and no one bothers. Just a rant really. Feeling so down i don't know what to do.

VitriolicMuse Tue 04-Apr-17 12:35:44

Unfortunately even though being pregnant is the most important thing in your world right now, for your friends it's not. I wouldn't expect too much from them until you're almost at your due date and they'll be pestering you everyday to find out if you've gone into labour yet. Please don't get hung up on it, just try and focus on you and your baby. Good luck!

EJREsMum Tue 04-Apr-17 15:42:01

My 'friends' hardly bothered with me when I was pregnant (still don't).

I think it was because I was the party girl, then all of a sudden I stopped (unplanned pregnancy) so they maybe thought I dropped them as I found out I as pregnant so stopped partying and didn't tell them for a couple months? I don't know.

Recently had a little bit of a party at mine invited all my old friends. They all went home at 11. None of them had work the next day just all very tired?? yet they're out every other weekend?? confused

But saying that I've made great friends with girls I know from school ect. who are now mums and they all feel the same about old 'friends'.

I think people mature differently.

Needingchange Tue 04-Apr-17 22:00:56

Have you tried reaching out to them? As someone who hasn't had children I never thought to check friends were ok when pregnant anymore than I checked when they weren't. I do find I see my friends with children less than those with as I find on my days off? As awful as this sounds I find I just want conversations that don't centre around children. I don't think it's loosing friends but you may just be on a different page. I would definatly reach out to them and at the same time join an antenatal class or something to meet other people who may feel the same as you

MmmmDonuts Tue 04-Apr-17 22:05:05

Like someone said above, no one cares until you are on the 2 week count down, then trust me everyone will come out of the woodwork and all of a sudden be messaging you asking if you've 'had any twinges' etc. Then when your baby is born you'll be like a celebrity for 2 weeks.

I've just this week had my 3rd baby and it's all coming back to me. I've got 'friends' I would only smile at in the street asking if they can come and visit me!!

Unfortunately from week 1-38 of pregnancy no one really cares

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now