Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DP/DH's ex wedding anniversary date

(16 Posts)
Toodlepip16 Tue 04-Apr-17 07:54:08

Just wondering, if you know the date of your partners ex wedding anniversary date, how does it make you feel on that date? I'm expecting most people to say indifferent, I know I'm a crank sensitive, but it does get me down on the day for some reason. Anyone else?

operaha Tue 04-Apr-17 08:41:15

Totally indifferent but once he told me what their "song " was made me feel a bit funny briefly!! Dunno why and it was years ago and i couldn't care less etc but yeah, kind of know what you mean. However, it doesn't warrant even mentioning!!!

mrssapphirebright Tue 04-Apr-17 09:24:24

Yes i know the date of my dh's wedding anniversary to his exw as his divorce to her came through about 3 days before that date.

i don't think much of it to be honest and i know he doesn't even clock it now.

MyheartbelongstoG Tue 04-Apr-17 09:27:27

Why on earth let a date get to you!

GreenGoblin0 Tue 04-Apr-17 11:08:10

couldn't care less and my DP doesn't either. not sure if he would even realise when date came round but they weren't married for long. we've been together longer.

PaterPower Tue 04-Apr-17 13:32:04

I didn't remember it, without prompting, when I was with exW and I certainly don't now. I couldn't tell you when current DP's wedding anni was, nor care too much that I don't.

IME, most guys don't really set that much store by dates - not as much as "most" women seem to, anyway. Too many other things in life to be concerned about to let dates be that important.

Ineedmorelemonpledge Tue 04-Apr-17 15:28:42

Nope. Didn't ask and didn't care. The past is the past.

If you are divorced that's the end of the marriage, so why dwell on the beginning?

Although maybe that's just me, I only remembered yesterday that my 10 year anniversary to STBEXH was last Friday, and that was only because I was sorting out some divorce stuff.

CeCeBloomer Tue 04-Apr-17 16:50:14

Yep but only because it was nye / barely give it a passing thought

Evergreen777 Tue 04-Apr-17 16:55:25

Yes, somehow or other it came up in conversation. And then he mentioned recently that it would have been their 20th anniversary. I know rationally that it's ok for him to have the odd moment of sadness over that. But to be honest, I'd rather I'd never known when it was.

MakeItRain Tue 04-Apr-17 21:46:41

Well as the "ex wife" I would say to my ex's future partners please don't bat an eyelid at the anniversary of such a big mistake! I don't even clock the date (except with a slight shudder at the thought of it.)

Ineedmorelemonpledge Wed 05-Apr-17 16:00:07

Exactly Makeitrain ! Well put! wine

Ellisandra Wed 05-Apr-17 20:10:46

I sometimes forget my own anniversary to XH.
My fiancé's first wife died, and on his anniversary I feel sad for him, but happy for him that he had such love in his life. (20 years of anniversaries)
I honestly can't fathom why the wedding date of a living ex would make a subsequent partner feel anything at all.

sparechange Wed 05-Apr-17 20:13:12

It is sometime in November but I don't know the exact date

She sent him a text a few years ago to tell him it would have been their 10th wedding anniversary if they hadn't split up, the mad, mad cow that she is

TheNaze73 Wed 05-Apr-17 20:21:43

I have no idea why anyone would even ask that??

Toodlepip16 Thu 06-Apr-17 10:59:48

TheNaze ah that's good for you smile It just proves how different everyone is, doesn't it

TheNaze73 Thu 06-Apr-17 12:36:32

You're not wrong there OP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now