Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why do I feel so wretched

(4 Posts)
Havalina Mon 03-Apr-17 23:44:55

When i was the one who ended it and I chucked him out? The shit I put up with and let him get away with. Honestly my boundaries were eroded so much I actually had the thought "oh well at least he only messaged prostitutes, maybe he didnt meet them" aghh feel like I'm going crazy sad

BusyHomemaker Mon 03-Apr-17 23:48:11

You did the right thing. Maybe it will just take you a while to process it. I think that sometimes at the end of a relationship it can take a little while for your heart to catch up with your head. Be kind to yourself and well done for getting rid.

Havalina Tue 04-Apr-17 00:06:48

Thanks busy, i had a very literal dream about him having an evil twin. My brain couldn't have been more blatant. So hard to square the lovely intimate times with the person he obviously is though. Cuntbag, I hate to think he deliberately set out to use me but thats the only conclusion I can come to hmm

Mari50 Tue 04-Apr-17 11:46:01

I can relate, I ended my relationship and I'm the one feeling awful and the fact I put up with so much shit makes me feel more awful instead of relieved that I don't need to deal with it anymore. But that's what you need to hang onto, you don't need to deal with it anymore and you can reinstate your boundaries and start treating yourself with the respect that he never did. It will take time because emotional investment is difficult to write off but you'll get there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now