Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Practical advice needed - how do I?

(5 Posts)
Positiveoptimist Mon 03-Apr-17 19:22:22

Anyone out there have any advice, practical or otherwise, about moving in with my girlfriend?
Summary - we've been together nearly 18 months, I have two primary aged DC, she has none.
I am divorced and own own home, she has had LTR and also owns own home. Both work full-time, professional careers.
We are in 40s and 50s so no spring chickens but we are in LOVE and I feel that life is too short to spend missing the other.
Who moves and sells up - both of us? Financial implications etc? I lost half my (gold plated) pension GRRRRR at my divorce to my WN work shy ex husband. I'm more than happy to do pre-nup etc, or see a solicitor to make finances safe and secure for both of us.

Help!

noego Mon 03-Apr-17 20:11:05

A few things spring to mind.

DO NOT sell up.

rent out one house and move in with the other.
rent out both houses and rent a dual property.
financial contract.

Positiveoptimist Mon 03-Apr-17 20:51:08

Thanks.
Rent out both and rent a dual property - is this unnecessary expense or judicial spending to see if it works out? How long do we try for?

Goldfishjane Mon 03-Apr-17 20:53:35

Well you bith need to sit down and do the math
Depending on what rental you get it could be good for investing.
I'd keep your home as you have kids.

SorrelSoup Mon 03-Apr-17 21:00:22

I don't think either of you should sell. Where do the kids live? Can she rent hers out and move in with you to see how it goes with the children? Then buy together. I think you should both keep and rent out your own houses for financial security.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now