We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Trust

(5 Posts)
Juliebrown123 Sun 02-Apr-17 20:19:44

My fiancé went to a ball last night with some couples he knows - I think a lot of colleagues from his younger work / partying days were there though (FB post from his friend).
I couldn't go as I had my 2 girls at my house. He called around 6.30 to say he'd driven to the hotel and he'd be driving home.
Then said he had wine so will order a taxi for 11pm.
At 12.30am text to say 'crap disco'.
At 1am text 'dancing, feet hurting - night sweets xxx'
Then 2.30am I sent 'hope you got home safely'
No more messages or contact until 8.30am which was 'yep, I love you xxx'.
Spoke in the afternoon - no mention of last night, so I didn't ask...
Trust him - but alarm bells starting to ring. He rarely goes out without me, but is very sociable with ladies?
Any thoughts???

TheGrumpySquirrel Sun 02-Apr-17 20:28:50

Sounds completely normal - why are you worried? Has he cheated before?

TheNaze73 Sun 02-Apr-17 20:31:10

Yes, you're overthinking things. Other than maybe a goodnight text, I wouldn't expect or want anything else, if my partner was out

RoseOfSharyn Sun 02-Apr-17 20:31:15

I'm not sure I see the problem?
If he was drinking and dancing, text at 1am, then at 8:30am would that not suggest he was asleep for 7ish hrs because he was drunk and tired??

Juliebrown123 Sun 02-Apr-17 20:49:21

Interesting opinions - he has never cheated I'm sure - but would be more thoughtful myself - memories of lying in bed at 2am wondering where my ex was and thinking 'why worry, he's having fun' EXACTLY what I'm reading lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now