Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating sites for over 60 years, 'gentle' dating?

(3 Posts)
ThreeShiningStars Sun 02-Apr-17 15:59:50

Hoping someone has some advice/experience/suggestions.

My DM has recently been through a difficult break up with DF. She was with DF for over 40 years, and he hurt her, badly. She is nervous but wants to build her confidence. She isn't about finding the next 'love of her life' but would be happy with companionship and making new friends if the romance didn't work out. She is still dealing with the after effects of the break up and is still quite delicate but this is something she wants to do and I want to be able to help as much as I can.

Neither of us did the 'dating' thing, both married young so we are both as new to it and all my friends are on Tinder and the like.

Does anyone have any suggestions of 'gentle' OLD sites (for want of a better description) we could try out. One maybe focused on interests and with people of a similar mindset? She would want to take any new prospective relationship slowly and as I mentioned her confidence has been knocked by 'not-so-DF'.

Thanks in advance!

herwegoagain123 Sun 02-Apr-17 18:52:49

TBH it's too early yet. She should wait till she's finished grieving her break up. It's too much to ask of a new partner.
Also be wary of the just a companion route after all who wants that really? Older friend had companion for years and wouldn't have sex with him and he ran off with a 30 year old and had two kids.
What about single holidays?

9GreenBottles Sun 02-Apr-17 19:09:42

Not dating specifically, but what about checking out Meetup groups in her area to make new friends and build her confidence overall?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now