Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do we love about our DPs?

(43 Posts)
ZiggyForever Sat 01-Apr-17 22:53:07

DP is away this weekend and I was just pondering that I miss his love and affection. He's the kindest, sweetest, cuddliest person I know, even when I'm being a spiky, moody, undeserving cow.

So, what do we all love about our partners? Nice to think about the good stuff . . .

Mum4Fergus Sat 01-Apr-17 23:21:59

Everything! He's been working all day/night but due home in about 15 mins...I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for him to walk through the door 😃

TheoriginalLEM Sat 01-Apr-17 23:28:51

Everything! apart from the things that drive me nuts its a long list

He is kind beyond description and would (and has) drop everything to help me if i need him. He is like this for others too but getting wary of people taking the piss.

Breakfast in bed every single day and cooks dinner every day. He works far fewer hours than me. Totally trashes the kitchen though hmm

Amazing father but is too much of a push over due to the need for an easy life!

Sexy as fuck and despite not being particularly academic one of the cleverest people i know.

TheoriginalLEM Sat 01-Apr-17 23:29:21

not bad for a 25 year stretch grin

ZiggyForever Sat 01-Apr-17 23:56:34

Aww, that's really sweet, Mum4Fergus!

TheOriginal - you still find him sexy after 25 years?! Bloody hell! That's amazing smile

changingnameforthispost Sun 02-Apr-17 00:11:31

He walks the walk, doing stuff to support me, and our family.
Stuff across the years like cooking, laundry, gardening, diy, taking the kids swimming , making sure I had time for myself, planning holidays, shopping for Christmas, paying bills. Working bloody hard.
He's not eloquent, but really his actions are louder than words.
Never makes a drama out of a crisis.
Trusts me, and is kind.

JK1773 Sun 02-Apr-17 00:13:56

Everything! His kindness, just who he is. I'm blessed

ILoveAGoodBrusselSprout Sun 02-Apr-17 00:16:18

Been together 29 years and he still gives me butterflies!

He's loving, supportive, kind. Everything he does is for me and our children. He brings me a coffee in bed every morning, he kisses me on the forehead, he flirts unashamedly with me, he makes me laugh every day, he is extremely good looking and makes me feel like I am too. Our sex life gets better year on year and I can't believe how lucky I am.

Sometimes, he drives me mad and sometimes I irritate him but I wouldn't be me without him and I think he feels the same.

changingnameforthispost Sun 02-Apr-17 00:16:22

He's also very funny and clever, and after over 30 years together we still have stuff to talk about and to discover about each other.

Rescuepuppydaft2 Sun 02-Apr-17 02:38:03

He is amazing, kind, loving, funny, sweet natured, gorgeous, sexy, clever, a fantastic lover and he is my absolute best friend in the whole world and every time I look at him I can't believe how lucky I am!

When he looks into my eyes its like he sees me as still as gorgeous and slim as when we first met. That is despite two children, several stone in weight gain and a neurological condition that leaves me severely disabled. When my friends and family look at me I see the sadness in their eyes that I am so ill. Yet my dh sees me, he makes me feel beautiful, loved and sexy, which when I need help washing/ toileting etc is what saves me from depression.. We are so happy and in love, most people can't understand how I can be happy when so badly disabled, I know and its my dh and our gorgeous children who make me happy.

He is the absolute best Father I could ever imagine for our children. They absolutely adore him and he them. Our son is autistic and he is incredibly gentle and patient with him. I never feel more proud or happy than when I see my husband with our children. From cradling our tiny newborn daughter in his arms, to holding a very distressed little boy to calm him and help him through a meltdown.

He never complains, never, he is the kindest, most selfless man I have ever known. He has so much on his plate, yet still finds time to help neighbours or my poorly parents. He is so clever too, we can talk about anything, he helps keep my brain active and he is such a wonderful teacher and role model for our children.

He is quite simply my soulmate, fifteen years we have been together and despite going through hell several times in our relationship, I love him more every day. (He would hate this thread as hates being praised, so for his sake I will add that he is not perfect (to me he is) and does have some flaws but they are few and far between)

WingsofNylon Sun 02-Apr-17 07:35:45

So much! He has a great outlook on life and we get on so well. He was my hero through years of anxiety caused by sexual abuse in my teens. He basically saved my life. But most of all it is the little things. I love the way he put a on his t-shirts. I love how much he loves animals. I love his amazing body, the way his skin smells. He is alseep beside me now and i feel so blessed.

Janiston Sun 02-Apr-17 07:43:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZiggyForever Sun 02-Apr-17 08:25:42

This is lovely! So heartening to see that love and passion can last . . . oh I hope in twenty years Mr Ziggy and I feel like you all do grin

Italwaysworksitselfout Sun 02-Apr-17 08:27:49

Apart from his snoring my dh is the best thing that ever happened to me (other than dc). He became a best friend as well as stepdad to my 2 ds and is a terrific dad to our dd who adores him although she is now 15. Not a day goes by when I don't look at him and think how lucky I got in meeting him. It's the million little things that he does for us that makes him amazing. He is one sexy dude as well grin

Forgettheworld Sun 02-Apr-17 08:37:48

Yay I love threads like this! I've only been with my DP 3 years so I suppose we're still at the honeymoon stage. But I think he is so so sexy I could watch him all day. He is kind gentle and thoughtful. He's so funny he makes me laugh even when we're having an argument about something. Most of all though it's the way he treats my son (he's not his) he would walk the earth for him they are best friends.

ShowMePotatoSalad Sun 02-Apr-17 08:51:34

He is absolutely gorgeous. I find myself just staring at him thinking "wow, this man is beautiful". Right, superficial stuff out of the way, now time for the important stuff.

He is the most laid-back, easygoing man I've ever met. He's calm, at ease with himself and other people. He makes me feel calm.

He's hilarious. A very funny, optimistic person and he's rarely moody.

He's the best dad and our DS absolutely loves him to bits.

He's intelligent and insightful but he's not remotely obnoxious with it. He clearly sees situations for what they are but he doesn't force his opinions down people's throats.

He's loving and kind. He tells me I'm beautiful every day and he makes me feel really good about myself. He puts blankets on me while I'm on the sofa if he thinks I look cold. He helps me with my needlework - sometimes he sits there and holds my chart for me and helps me work out if I'm doing it right.

He's family and friends orientated - would do anything for us all.

Argh, I feel so cringey putting this all up but it's all true.

Dancergirl Sun 02-Apr-17 10:32:16

What a lovely thread smile

It's a bit poignant for me, dh and I have been married for 19 years and mostly it's very good, but last night we had a horrible row over nothing really. It's made me think that maybe I complain too much and am overly critical.

I grew up without a father so don't have a positive role model and don't know what a 'normal' marriage looks like. When we were first married I used to think a simple row was the end of the world. I have learnt though that all couples have ups and downs.

Anyway my dh - kind, generous, hard working, supports us all financially, funny, incredibly supportive emotionally, buys me flowers as a surprise, always says I look nice.... so many things.

rescuepuppy interesting that you say you've had hell in your relationship even though you speak so highly of it.

Rescuepuppydaft2 Sun 02-Apr-17 11:46:28

Dancer girl our marriage and relationship with each other has been strong from the start. Unfortunately I have sociopathic narcissistic in-laws who have tried to pull us apart from the very start. I don't want to go into too many details but my husband has given up everything to be with me. He has been pushed to some very, very dark places by his abusive family. He made the decision to go no contact several years ago.

We honestly have never argued over anything other than his family and the way they treated me and him. So we have gone from strength to strength now they are no longer in the picture.

Unfortunately my health problems have progressively worsened over the last seven years. My husband had no support for eighteen months, he was sole carer for me and our autistic son and then toddler daughter. Poor was exhausted, terrified and utterly depressed. Thankfully things have become much easier since we self referred to the adult care department and we now have a care plan and several carers. My husband's self esteem and confidence has grown and our relationship is stronger now than ever.

ZiggyForever Sun 02-Apr-17 11:54:27

This thread is totally restoring my faith in men and relationships smile

Belle1102 Sun 02-Apr-17 11:59:18

Lots of things -
He's very handsome and tall,
We have a great sex life,
We can be totally ourselves and really silly around each other,
We have similar interests,
He's protective and makes me feel safe,
He's hilarious and has me in stitches most evenings,
He surprises me with flowers and sends me nice texts everyday full of compliments,
He's really affectionate,
I know he'd always help me out with anything if I needed him.

Dancergirl Sun 02-Apr-17 13:40:43

That's amazing rescue, it sounds like you have a wonderfully strong relationship smile

user14889577547 Sun 02-Apr-17 20:05:47

This is a lovely post and makes me realise I probably don't let my DP know enough just how much he means to me...
He is my rock - my practical when I am being irrational, my security when I feel rubbish and he does little things just to make me feel better ((he brought me ice cream in bed this morning)) xx

Duskybluebell Sun 02-Apr-17 21:03:49

Lots of amazing partners out there smile

Mine is . . . short tempered and self righteous, lazy and often self centered, oblivious to mess, laundry and dirty dishes. In over 20 years I've probably had tea in bed about twenty times.

What do I love about him? He's prone to random kindness, he would give his last fiver to a stranger who needed it. He would and has listened all night to a depressed friend and when our teenager broke up with her first boyfriend it was her dad she wanted.

He's an 'attentive' blush lover and tells me frequently how amazingly attractive I am (really really not)

He believes in me. Whatever I want to do, he believes I can do it. He doesn't offer to help me because it doesn't occur to him I could ever need help.

BellyDancer124 Sun 02-Apr-17 21:40:05

He puts me first everyday. He is so driven and by far the most intelligent person I've ever met.

He has beautiful blue eyes and a cute bum 😀 I'm so proud that he's mine smile

CigarsofthePharoahs Sun 02-Apr-17 21:49:24

Well…
There was the time I woke up in the night with a nasty bout of d&v and then passed out on the bathroom floor.
He not only got me back to bed but went out at 4am to get diaoralyte and immodium if needed.
He then slept on the sofa to give me space.
He's been very understanding about my poor mental health and recent fibromyalgia diagnosis.
He has a very sexy bum. He looks bloody good in cycling Lycra! 😁 🚲

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now