Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What did you get for mothers day?

(19 Posts)
pixiehollow Sat 01-Apr-17 09:17:59

So I woke up this mothers day wondering if this would be the year I am showerd in gifts. sigh
My kids are too young to go buy anything for themselves. & he decided not to bother buying me anything for the past two years in a row 😬 I know that's not just what it's all about.
Just wondering what you all got for mothersday?

BusterGonad Sat 01-Apr-17 09:21:07

A home made card, and it was last week wasn't it? confused

Nanasueathome Sat 01-Apr-17 09:21:09

It's not a competition

pixiehollow Sat 01-Apr-17 09:23:32

I never said it was 😂 if you don't want to answer the question why bother to comment?

pinkieandperkie Sat 01-Apr-17 09:23:43

Wasn't Mother's Day last week?

Nanasueathome Sat 01-Apr-17 09:26:23

Just seems an odd question for you to be asking, a week after the event

swizzlestar Sat 01-Apr-17 09:36:43

I got a guilt present/day.

Breakfast in bed, cards, voucher for facial and massage followed by lunch out.

Kids loved it, but it's all about his behaviour really!

SparklyMagpie Sat 01-Apr-17 10:59:03

Are you in the UK OP? Because mothers day was last week confused

Chops2016 Sat 01-Apr-17 12:12:54

It was my first mothers day this year, I got a card with my 8 month old's photo on the front (which was so sweet it made me cry) and a pair of earrings with DS's birthstone in them. DH also took over looking after DS for most of the day so I could drink lots of wine with my MIL blush

Chops2016 Sat 01-Apr-17 12:13:56

Oh and a bottle of bubbly, which I never got around to drinking. Yet!

christmaswreaths Sat 01-Apr-17 12:21:28

Not much apart from cards, but we had a nice afternoon out as a family.

floraeasy Sat 01-Apr-17 12:28:31

I got a card from the dog. I was thrilled to bits grin

LBOCS2 Sat 01-Apr-17 12:33:22

A homemade card from my 4yo, along with a cake stand she had chosen for me on a shopping trip with DH, a bottle of gin from Mr LBOCS and a bunch of flowers from happily childfree DSis (to say thank you for producing children she could love, spoil, and then hand back!).

I felt very lucky and appreciated.

Chasingsquirrels Sat 01-Apr-17 12:33:35

14yo and 11yo boys.
Lovely shop brought cards for the first time - usually they make them, and they aren't artists smile.
And a tin full of homemade millionaires shortbread (my DH died a few days earlier and we had so many flowers - I'd told them on the Saturday I didn't want more flowers!). They made the shortbread at their dad's and brought it home Sunday late afternoon.
(Although ds2 mentioned yesterday that his step-mum wants the tin back!)

carabos Sat 01-Apr-17 12:38:55

A card, a bunch of tulips and a virus hmm. Thanks for that, DS2.

Teatowelfairy Sat 01-Apr-17 12:43:24

This mother's day DH bought some small canvases and gave the DC one each, they then decorated them, drew round their hands, and wrote me a little message on them.
In the past I have actually bought myself a mother's day present because DH couldn't be arsed then guilt tripped me that if I didn't have anything to open the DC would be upset. hmm He won't make that mistake twice! wink

GotABitTricky Sat 01-Apr-17 12:53:02

4 messages above this
I have spent over 10 minutes trying guess what the initials stand for "Mr LBOCS"

Leave Before Others Can't See :-)

This should be a new topic thread (and i now realise its simply the users names hubbie!)

LBOCS2 Sat 01-Apr-17 12:57:10

😀

The LBOCS is a reference to the Last Bastion Of Common Sense - she's the highest authority one can appeal to (and holds a veto) in a fictional bureaucracy by Jasper Fforde. I quite often feel like that in my house.

Neverm1nd Sat 01-Apr-17 14:10:21

Nothing. Three adult children (18-23) and I got a text from two of them wishing me happy mothers day. Even just a Toblerone or bunch of £1 daffodils would have been nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now