Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

When he says....

(6 Posts)
Thinkingofausername1 Sat 01-Apr-17 03:34:34

I'm not the man I used to be, I've given up hope on us.
Has caused an argument for the last few weekends. This time he did it and walked out. I am so upset i can't sleep. Even though he eventually came back and we talked for a while.

does this sound like his head has been turned??

Out2pasture Sat 01-Apr-17 03:36:59

sounds like the relationship is hard work and he isn't vested in the long haul.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 01-Apr-17 03:37:31

It sounds like he is maybe having doubts about your relationship, have you asked him what he means by 'given up hope'?

Thinkingofausername1 Sat 01-Apr-17 03:47:27

It's been hard work for a few years. He refuses counselling for us and for him individually. I've had counselling individually last year. He's given up hope on being emotionally available I think hasn't anything to give. I am quite concerned as I don't see myself as a demanding or needy wife. I find him quite needy if honest!

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 01-Apr-17 03:53:02

What are you getting out of the relationship?

Thinkingofausername1 Sat 01-Apr-17 04:01:32

Well until this evening I thought I had commitment. He has always said what he says he would do and has never let me down. He says he feels messed up. Which is why I'm wondering if there is ow lurking about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now