Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Still struggling to move on

(6 Posts)
User7889 Fri 31-Mar-17 15:58:46

How do you do it? Can't go NC, kids adore him, bump into him regularly, we had a brief fling, since which our friendship has grown, I'm struggling to get over him, trying to meet others not having any luck. Been nearly a year 😟

Biddylee Fri 31-Mar-17 19:37:55

Is this a husband? boyfriend? Why can't you go no contact? It is the best way.

user1490538976 Fri 31-Mar-17 20:33:45

How brief?
Why can't you meet others?
Don't want too or no opportunity ?

User7889 Sat 01-Apr-17 08:35:23

Can't go NC because we live very close to each other, so see him all the time, I've realised that if I don't see him for a couple of days I start to miss him, (I don't want to feel like that!) same close friendship group too.
Nope nothing as serious as husband, I would say most people would have said he was my boyfriend, a lot still think he is, o would say literally it was just a fling, a couple of months, moving on from ex husband was easy compared with him, perhaps it was because we didn't spend enough time together for him to really piss me off!
Would love to try and meet others, but definitely lack of opportunity, can't find single men, I'm asking friends all the time (not proud!) also have kids most of the time, only one evening a month without them so hard to date as friends also what time with me that evening

Biddylee Sat 01-Apr-17 09:43:08

Have a look at the Baggage Reclaim website about No Contact. You will have to find a way to do this as much as possible. Reduce your interaction. This man is holding you back because your heart is caught up with him. Yes you will miss him but that will pass.

Then give yourself a break. Find some strength in yourself and value who you are. See if you can find an activity that expands your social circle - or do something at your own home.

User7889 Sat 01-Apr-17 22:33:05

Thank you I will! I've got lots of projects to do about the house so will start to try and get on with those, thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now