Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So in love... (apologies in advance, this is sappy and pointless)

(12 Posts)
faithinthesound Fri 31-Mar-17 06:43:30

I mean people are probably going to accuse me of boasting or being goady when there are so many problems and breakups and so much abuse going on, but I just have nowhere else I can really share this kind of thing (well, except with her, and she already knows!)

I posted a while ago about how I had a huge crush on a manager, and people here were super nice while I dithered about what to do about it, and eventually asking her out. We've been dating ever since and I swear, she just gets sweeter and sweeter. I'm so in love!

Nothing's really inspired this post except extreme happiness and the fact that she's had a hard day and is currently dead to the world asleep on my arm and kind of drooling a little on my shoulder. I can't stop smiling. I'm just so happy.

Whatatododo Fri 31-Mar-17 06:44:48

Enjoy it while it lasts grin

confusedandemployed Fri 31-Mar-17 06:46:47

I remember your old thread - lovely to have a happy ending (beginning?!)

Enjoy this time!

faithinthesound Fri 31-Mar-17 06:48:49

Enjoy it while it lasts
What does that mean? lol

DevelopingDetritus Fri 31-Mar-17 06:50:19

Nice to read an uplifting thread. Best of luck to you both.

Bettyandtheboy Fri 31-Mar-17 08:03:49

Lovely! Pleased for you flowers
(Ignore the naysayers, I still feel like this about DH 5 years and two DC later smile)

PollytheDolly Fri 31-Mar-17 08:11:41

I loved your other thread.

This sounds like the real deal to me!

Enjoy and cherish it. Look after it and it will last a lifetime smile

faithinthesound Fri 31-Mar-17 10:03:44

I posted this three hours ago lol. She hasn't woken up, not really. She grumbled a bit when I moved her because my arm was going numb. She's quite little (at least a head shorter than me) so I carried her to bed, and she half woke up for that, but she's out again. We had an early dinner, and she sacked out straight afterwards, bless her.

...it sounds like I'm talking about a child. For the record, this is my girlfriend after a ten hour shift on her feet.

Now I'm on the laptop in bed, reading about horrendous baby names and AIBU (I can't help myself) and she's dead asleep curled up next to me.

Ah well, she'll probably be first one awake in the morning which will be good because she'll have to convince me to get up and get moving!

ShelaghTurner Fri 31-Mar-17 10:18:32

Just read your other thread and am proper squeeing for you! It sounds so lovely and mushy and cosy and adorable. I am totally shipping you two! grin

faithinthesound Fri 31-Mar-17 10:35:11

That's exactly how it feels, Shelagh. When I'm not typing I'm running fingers through her hair (she likes that). Oh god I must sound like the sickest, soppiest creeper in creation!

I think a part of me is just still back there before the start of my other thread, fallen for her but never believing it could end up like this, so when we're together like this in such a normal, natural, domestic way I can't quite believe how lucky I got.

velourvoyageur Sat 01-Apr-17 06:33:52

This is so lovely OP
Have a great day together smile

jbee1979 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:31:08

Awwww. I just read your last thread too. It's brilliant! I'm so glad everything worked out!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now